Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
following on from pete"s thread (,enough),just got back from garage ,cheeky gets offered £3500 for car ,stood and laughed at him ,got back in car ,drove home .so knowing what cheeky get"s going to offer,a light came on ,had car from 6mths old ,spent a little ,now needs more ,what the hell ,keep her.....she my baby ,like apart of the family .so inlet manifolds ,pierburg seem rather steep ,anybody gone for cheaper version .plz offer advice as needs this doing .....asap .....and rear shockers next on list .....

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,718 Posts
Peirburg are the only manufacturer of the intake afaik, and Tbh I would rather have the proper recommended intake than some cheaper alternative.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I agree, plus I didn't think the inlet was actually that expensive TBH. About £150 I think?
other day on ebay ,pierburg inlet was around £230 mark give or take ....regarding said manifold ,is it a case of ,old off ,new on ,or plenty other bits to go with new purchase .....showing now on ebay £170+ pp,£155+pp....judging by that looks like no brainer really

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no probs ,know a tip top guy ,now you dont hear that, often .not going to local garage where they ripped me off £550 for gearbox ..lol

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yeah, but when it works its awesome and with the DTUK box can embarass many cars off the line. Smiles per gallon are huge

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, but when it works its awesome and with the DTUK box can embarass many cars off the line. Smiles per gallon are huge
lol you aint trying to push a dtuk box on me are you lol......that could be something later down the line.....as you say ,when it runs a1 ...yep mega smile ,but at mo ....only slight frown ...regarding box how much diff you looking at ,and do you get power all way through the revs or pick as you want ,ie low down or top end ,aint read much on said box m8

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Some people are known to have been able to re-use the actuator from their existing setup, saving quite a chunk of money... but the official line from Peirburg is that this should be changed at the same time as when it is used for the first time, it learns the position of the flaps to operate properly and the programming on this is a one-time only. It cannot be re-programed...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some people are known to have been able to re-use the actuator from their existing setup, saving quite a chunk of money... but the official line from Peirburg is that this should be changed at the same time as when it is used for the first time, it learns the position of the flaps to operate properly and the programming on this is a one-time only. It cannot be re-programed...
many thanks oh yee with high mileage astra ,still running lol....whats your secret ..come on share your secret...lol

·
Registered
782 Posts
I was going to re-use my original but was fortunate to get a brand new new at an excellent price, even managed to sell the old one (as used and removed from vehicle) for £40

lol you aint trying to push a dtuk box on me are you lol......that could be something later down the line.....as you say ,when it runs a1 ...yep mega smile ,but at mo ....only slight frown ...regarding box how much diff you looking at ,and do you get power all way through the revs or pick as you want ,ie low down or top end ,aint read much on said box m8
Either a DTUK box or remap is a must for a 150, the difference is unbelieveable once the power really kicks in with the turbo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts