Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me with a part number? I'm looking for the clips that the Astra H scuttle panel uses, I may have to take mine off sooner or later as I have found some condensation at the back of the glovebox and along the top part of the engine bay grommet.

I believe these can break quite easily so want to be prepared.

Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Don't know what no2 is for but you'll need upto 5 of the no4 and a tube of superglue cause you'll more than likely break the scuttle rather than the clip!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Can someone help me with a part number? I'm looking for the clips that the Astra H scuttle panel uses, I may have to take mine off sooner or later as I have found some condensation at the back of the glovebox and along the top part of the engine bay grommet.

I believe these can break quite easily so want to be prepared.

Thanks.

I will have some ,

B

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just had a look at the scuttle panel and would like to know if this part needs to be sealed to the windscreen or if just sits on top:

I can also see leaves and other muck in there which will be cleaned when the panel is off (still waiting for the clips to arrive). Is there anything else that may need to be sealed (I'll be using Plumbers Gold clear sealant) while the panel is off?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
It doesnt get sealed, it just sits there, the poorly designed clips are intended to hold it in position. Give a good clean out when the panel is off and even a lick of polish, make sure there is no obstruction to the water drain.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tried to get the scuttle panel off earlier, but couldn't budge it, clips must be good! I pulled the scuttle up from the non clipped side and couldn't see anything untoward underneath it. I cleaned the underside of the bit that leans against the windscreen. If it does need to come off, is it just a brute force job?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah, hence why I said you'd need upto 5 clips.and a tube of superglue. Don't think I've yet had one that hasn't broke at least one clip holder on the scuttle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts