Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
59,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a little bit of trepidation before this weekend. I was heading north straight from my grandmothers funeral which was obviously on my mind and I was also worried due to us having so few cars in attendance.

All my worries were wasted. I got my usual warm welcome from my AON family when I reached AON NOB HQ (that's North Of the Border for anyone wondering about the acronym). Huge thanks, as always, to my brother from another McMother @AND181 and the awesome @x-Amanda-x for their outstanding hospitality and everything they do for the club. Can't wait to see the dining room when it's finished!

Thank you to Pixie for keeping us all entertained and for not eating all of the peanut butter wotsits.

On the morning of the show it became obvious that all of the clubs in attendance had low numbers which was a bit of a relief.

Thank you to everyone who mucked in when we were parking the cars and setting up the stand. Everyone worked well together and the stand looked great.

The cars looked fantastic but as ever we have to pick our winners. Thanks to everyone who voted for my A6 for best modified. It's nice to get votes for my car rather than a wooden spoon for once :lol:

The winners were

Best H x-Amanda-x
Best J @Andymar
Best detailed x-Amanda-x
Best modified x-Amanda-x
Car of show x-Amanda-x

I've heard that x-Amanda-x is planning to bring a second car to the next show to try and win Best J too :lol:

Thank you again to everyone who mucked in to tidy up afterwards. It was great to see members old and new diving in together. Today's show/stand had a great atmosphere and it felt a bit more like the shows of old.

A great day!

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
A very big thank you to everyone who voted for me, I’m truly humbled :)

Thank you to everyone for making it a great weekend and I’m so glad it was a nice day yesterday even though it was windy :lol:

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
I'd like to take this opportunity to echo Tony's thanks and to also mention our intrepid travellers @Cemtex, @Nimrayn and Tania who made the huge journey up to SCS from deepest darkest Englandshire, I/we do really appreciate your efforts :thumbs:

It was a great day and the weather even held out for us which was surprising. Thanks to all members old and new that attended and helped make the day a brilliant laugh.

See you all next year (Y)

·
Registered
32,559 Posts
Thank you to everyone putting the effort into organising the show.

Even though it's a very long 8 hour drive for us, we always enjoy our time up here. Wish we had a bit more time to spend up here this year but unfortunately we are just about to start our journey home after making a few stops.

We also blame @AND181 for our last stop at the Lee's factory shop

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
It was a great day got to meet some more of the aon members and also big well done to Amanda for cleaning house you just need to bring a J and you will get the full lot next time! Looking forward to the next show with you lot!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.