Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a problem with the CD60 NAVI I recently bought for my Corsa D. For those of you not familiar with this, this is similar to the CD70 but without the map display, so you just get arrows and voice instructions on the GID.

Anyway, I got a bog standard fakra GPS receiver for it, plugged it in and put it to the test.

But there's a problem somewhere.

The head unit seems to think I'm somewhere 70 miles away from where I am. And when I'm driving it doesn't seem to pick up the fact the car's moving. In other words, it hasn't properly found where I am, or is just stuck in High Wycombe.

I appreciate that sometimes they can take their time to get a fix, especially when it starts off in a different place to where it was last used, but I was driving, or at least had the engine running, for about 45 minutes, and nothing happened that was any different to before I plugged the receiver in, apart from now it more or less tells me my altitude.

It seems to be picking up some satellites from the "T" and "V" figures in navi test mode, but strangely when I went into a multistorey, it still showed it was locating the satellites, so I'm not sure if it's actually just lying to me.

Does anyone know a way I can do a reset for this system so it starts up again?

Or have any other suggestions to get this up and running?

Any help would be appreciated, cheers

For the record, I've posted over here as there seems to be a lot more people who have retrofitted CD70s into their Astras than have done the same in Corsas (these units are a lot rarer, as are the screens for Corsas), so I figured I'd stand a better chance of finding someone who knows about these things over here!

·
Registered
762 Posts
The High Wycombe address may have been the last address that it had a GPS signal and cant get a decent lock onto enough satellites to get a GPS fix now. Where is the GPS aerial located?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
At the moment I've got it on the dashboard to give it the best chance of getting a fix.

I thought that too about the last place it got a GPS signal, or at least being the last place that it was working properly, but in the 1st picture the first line that says "T09/V11" indicates that it's connected to 9 satellites, out of a total of 11 that are visible to it. That's my understanding anyway.

Below that in the same picture the next 2 lines show lat/long coordinates.

The "R:" line is the correct coordinates for where I was when I took the photo. This seems quite accurate and if I drive around, this keeps up to date with an accurate fix on my whereabouts, so I'm guessing from that that it at least connecting and trying to work! The "M:" line corresponds with that address in High Wycombe. Apart from that I don't know what these 2 M and R lines refer to, but I'm guessing that has something to do with the problem.

I called a Vx dealer who said they'd look into it and get someone to call me about it, but despite me ringing back they still haven't been able to find anyone that knows about this issue, so I'm really hoping there's someone here that does know about these! Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts