Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get the long black rectangle strips that are on the roof off the car? For some reason mine have bubbled quite badly near the corners I don't know hat they're called but here they are on eBay but for a 5 door

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=350590082252&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=45908290913

Also the bottom off my aerial (the base) looks like a dog has been chewing on it for day's where's the best place to get a new one? And how hard is it to change over? Cheers!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've only ever seen those roof strips in grey plastic, sound like yours have been painted. Either way, whip then off, sand down and give a couple of coats or paint and laquer and will be like new!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm i won't be able to do it myself haha any ideal how much I'm looking at to get it re done?

And any advice on the aerial base?

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
well vauxhall sell them either in black plastic or primer grey ready for painting, they bubble up on most cars after a few years, they wont be cheap, the little flaps are about £15 each

yours will have most likely been painted from the factory, vauxhall constantly changed when you would get them painted based on age and trim spec

to change the aerial base, you have to drop the headlining and there is a nut holding it in place.

·
Registered
365 Posts
my 20R doesn't :( looks horrible! hard to come by second hand need to just get mine painted

10 plate SRI that's on

·
Registered
365 Posts
yeah got rub strips and bigger mirrors

·
Registered
365 Posts
nor do I but I quite like them .. something different .. but cant convert them to electric folding I don't think

·
Registered
365 Posts
i thought maybe just chansing the machanical side of it swapping the casings, its on the to do list.

not sure on the little mirrors though :/ ..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts