Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI - I am new to the network. I have a 2002 Astra convertible which I am told needs a new roof control unit. I cannot open the roof more than a few inches before the warning beeps start, the boot will not open on the key fob - only by manually inserting the key, and the heated rear window does not work. Vauxhall have been unable to supply a new unit for 8 months so I have sent the unit on 2 occasions to BBA Reman and Autotek. The latter have told me that there is evidence of water damage to the unit and when the PCB is flexed, the output driver stages change. They have reworked the PCB and swapped 3 output relays. Unfortunately the unit still does not work correctly and Autotek say they are unable to do any more as it is the PCB and not a component that is faulty. I have now sourced a replacment control unit. My question is " Do these need any special configuration specific to my car?" My garage diagnosed the fault initially by swapping the unit with one from another customers car and it worked but I have read that it is not as simple as that. Help please.:(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know how you feel pal, mine has been faulty and it seems unable to be fixed. Its driving me mad!

Where did you manage toget hold of a new one? and how much did you have to pay?

I think it would need to be re-programmed to suit your cars key and alarm but i'm not 100% sure.

Good luck, let me know how you get on

1 - 2 of 2 Posts