Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
get a load of this ,mechanic who is meant to be doing inlet manifold ,just txt me saying parts ,minus labour for replacement manifold and other parts linked with it ,going to cost £800..:eek:....that dont even add up to whats on here.....so looks like cars off.....bye bye astra ,no way forking out that amount ...can somebody plz offer advice otherthan the link to best price for said job .iv"e shopped around online ,and as otherday ,inlet on ebay £170 inc gasket.....surely some parts you would be able to reuse ...thus saving some money .....thats vauxhall for you bloody rip off:mad:

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
If I remember rightly, that £800 is about right if maybe on the little steep side

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
It is a very expensive job, you're looking at £900 to £1k all in unfortunately.

I paid around £600 cause thatfully I know people on the trade.

Have you tried other garages?

·
Registered
32,288 Posts
get a load of this ,mechanic who is meant to be doing inlet manifold ,just txt me saying parts ,minus labour for replacement manifold and other parts linked with it ,going to cost £800..:eek:....that dont even add up to whats on here.....so looks like cars off.....bye bye astra ,no way forking out that amount ...can somebody plz offer advice otherthan the link to best price for said job .iv"e shopped around online ,and as otherday ,inlet on ebay £170 inc gasket.....surely some parts you would be able to reuse ...thus saving some money .....thats vauxhall for you bloody rip off:mad:
hold on, who you having a go at you tech or vauxhall?

·
Registered
32,288 Posts
omg.does seem steep ,as post states ,cant some parts be re used...why do you need new bolts and all other gubbins...to say ticked off ,is a understatemeant
why you dont have to have them most tech's will change so they dont get any comes backs

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a very expensive job, you're looking at £900 to £1k all in unfortunately.

I paid around £600 cause thatfully I know people on the trade.

Have you tried other garages?
pete m8 ,the guy we use in independant to garages,he used to work at vauxhall ,then land rover,now set up on his own.....so judging by your replies......£800+ labour..ok pete and admiral.....now this .....dmf to do soon ,clutch is ok .....rear shocks next......then cam belt and pump......800 and what you know top of your head ,how much for all said work ,thats if you know guys

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
I have no idea about prices but bolts etc will need to be replaced incase they are worn or damaged. You wouldnt want it all going belly up again in a few months for the sake of a bolt that could have been replaced now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
vauxhall ...the guys seems fair that is meant to be doing car....what about scrappers ....or leave well alone ?
False economy. Cheaper in the long run, but it'll more than likely just go again in a much shorter space of time... so you'll have to buy another...

Depends if you plan on keeping the car and whether you care about whoever buys the car... I'd get it done properly with new parts though :shrug:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh right why? you buy a car knowing the faults and then moan about the price your getting charged, and i wouldnt buy a 2nd hand one as you end up paying to do the job twice.
aint no probs when bought ,a1 perfect ...was under warranty when bought ...now 6yrs old.....but as numerous folk on slag off 1.9cdti ,seems we got to grin and bear it....6 months old as stated before ...just seems pretty high cost ....

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have no idea about prices but bolts etc will need to be replaced incase they are worn or damaged. You wouldnt want it all going belly up again in a few months for the sake of a bolt that could have been replaced now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
cheers for that .....yep seems like serious thinking here

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
when doing a manifold you must replace the swirl actuator as thats a self learning control unit and will not work on a new manifold. Also the egr must be replaced to them 3 parts alone retail are a lot of money!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts