Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First post so please go easy on me if there answer is somewhere already on this forum :) I have a Astra 08 plate.

ive bought a reverse camera but am struggling to wire it up. So i tried to feed the red wire from the unit to the white which i was advised is the live feed and then the black wire to the brown wire....but had no joy at all.....

Do i just poke the red wire and the black wire in the wiring terminal or do i have to cut the wore and make some form of connection? any help would be much appreicated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try wiring your camera trigger cable to the negitve reverse light wire this will trigger your camera to active only when car is in reverse and should not interfere with the cambus system, this system will detect a fault with the wiring and cut off the power to the camera if not wired this way, you should be able to get a positive and negitve for the camera from the fuse box at the back of your car only the video feed cable will have to run the full length of the car, hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try wiring your camera trigger cable to the negitve reverse light wire this will trigger your camera to active only when car is in reverse and should not interfere with the cambus system, this system will detect a fault with the wiring and cut off the power to the camera if not wired this way, you should be able to get a positive and negitve for the camera from the fuse box at the back of your car only the video feed cable will have to run the full length of the car, hope this helps
Firstly thank you for your reply, but accept my apologies i didn't explain clearly. It is actually a reverse sensor and not a camera and there is a red wire and a black..... i tried in vain yesterday but just could not work out where to put which wire.

I was trying to put the black wire from the sensor to the brown wire which i think is incorrect and the red sensor wire to the white wire on the wiring loom on the light.

if someone can tell me in simple steps the red wire and the black wire from the sensor exactly where it goes on the wiring to the reverse light i would be very grateful.... hopefully this makes sense :)

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry I only have experience in reverse cameras and not reverse sensor on a Mk5, when I changed to the astra j (Mk6) it came with reverse sensors fitted by vauxhall, sorry I can't be of more help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I only have experience in reverse cameras and not reverse sensor on a Mk5, when I changed to the astra j (Mk6) it came with reverse sensors fitted by vauxhall, sorry I can't be of more help
That is fine i understand that and appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts