Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just purchased number plate light reverse camera off of eBay. Removed facia and head unit but don't see any connection for video cable! Does the cable have to be spliced with another or how does the video cable connect? Sorry for my lack of knowledge but wouldn't be the hottest when it comes to this sort of thing! Astra j elite 2012

·
3,878 Posts
What head unit have you got? And can you give us a link to the camera you bought?

Also you will find some links to camera installation in the how-to directory, but with the standard head units it's not as simple as plugging into a video-in socket like you would with after market head units.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What head unit have you got? And can you give us a link to the camera you bought?

Also you will find some links to camera installation in the how-to directory, but with the standard head units it's not as simple as plugging into a video-in socket like you would with after market head units.
Sorry should have said! It's the navi 600.
Here is a link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Rearview-Camera-Parking-Reverse-camera-Opel-Vectra-Astra-Zafika-GO18-/251244367899?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid=111000&algo=REC.CURRENT&ao=1&asc=14&meid=7707373048549584452&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=251244367899&

·
Registered
385 Posts
This will be great if you can find a solution, however looking at the installation manual the official VX reversing camera it is all linked together with the parkpilot reversing sensors. The two systems seem to be integrated together and (of course) linked to the CamBus system, and they both need activation codes after installed. The wiring diagrams show which port the video feeds go into but presumable you'll need the CanBus to tell the Navi600 when reverse is selected so it can change the video feeds over from the audio/satnav to rear parking camera.

Although very expensive (their camera fits to the tailgate handle and cost >£100 iirc) the VX system looks really nice but involves a whole lot more wiring than the 2 RCA-type plugs on your camera.

Hopefully someone will crack this soon, as it does imply that the Navi600 screen will tak a video input. So potentially display video from your iPod or DVD etc...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This will be great if you can find a solution, however looking at the installation manual the official VX reversing camera it is all linked together with the parkpilot reversing sensors. The two systems seem to be integrated together and (of course) linked to the CamBus system, and they both need activation codes after installed. The wiring diagrams show which port the video feeds go into but presumable you'll need the CanBus to tell the Navi600 when reverse is selected so it can change the video feeds over from the audio/satnav to rear parking camera.

Although very expensive (their camera fits to the tailgate handle and cost >£100 iirc) the VX system looks really nice but involves a whole lot more wiring than the 2 RCA-type plugs on your camera.

Hopefully someone will crack this soon, as it does imply that the Navi600 screen will tak a video input. So potentially display video from your iPod or DVD etc...
Thx for your reply. So basically it is possible but more hassle and expense than it is worth! Maybe just have to wait until there is a simpler solution

·
Registered
32 Posts
There is an interface box in the Netherlands for €399,- which is only to by-pass the VX codes needed. Once applied, you have the video input enabled. But it's very expensive.
Myself I bought and installed the VX camera in the door handle and had the dealer input the codes, the result is excellent.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Myself I bought and installed the VX camera in the door handle and had the dealer input the codes, the result is excellent.
Hi did you have the VX camera linked to a Navi600 head unit?
Also did you first have Parking Sensor fitted, or will the camera work without them?
Can you post some pictures. (Y)

Just seen your other post regarding park pilot.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is an interface box in the Netherlands for €399,- which is only to by-pass the VX codes needed. Once applied, you have the video input enabled. But it's very expensive.
How much did it cost to buy and fit?

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you mean the camera it costs €145,= incl. cable etc. Installation is done by myself. If you are carefull in removing the plastic, not very difficult, manual is very clear with pictograms.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here's the picture.

Camera is directly linked to Navi 600, pin 5 and 15 is the video input.
Park pilot was already factory fitted.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So does this then mean if you can directly connect pin 5 and pin 15 to a video source you would be able to watch this??
Or would you still need to put it in reverse,coding and so on?

·
Registered
32 Posts
No, it's only the video input pins, you need activation by dealer/factory to have it working.
VX is very difficult in this matter. You need to install first the camera, connect to cambus and navi 600/900.
Then you need to go to the dealer to use the Tech2 for requesting an activation code.
A few hours later they get a message the new software is ready for updating, and they use the Tech2 to update and activate the software.

·
Registered
3 Posts
G.Brouwer - I see you have the Sports Tourer. The camera installation is a bit simpler for the tourer as you dont need to spray paint the new panel required for the 5 door hatch installation. I unfortunately have the 5 door hatch so need to factor in the price of the painting. However that is the least of my worries at the moment. I need to find where I can order the parts (perhaps a local dealer). Does anyone know where we can order the genuine part for the installation kit on-line?

Then I need to find a dealer in Melbourne Australia who can do the VCI coding.

From the pictures I've seen, the factory camera seems to have the guide lines on the screen that curve with the steering wheel postion. Do the lines also change colour as the Park Pilot detects objects in the proximity?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks
Yeah got that install guide. It is very helpful. I was just curious if park pilot sensors change the colour of the park guidelines.
Also, does anyone know where we can order the parts on line. I have the 5d hatch so I need the new panel and badge as well as the camera and loom.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi summit,
The lines can be switched on or off, after the VCI coding there is a new menu item in the configuration.
I have the navi 600 so nothing changes in colour, The guidelines are moving with the steering wheel which is very helpfull.
When you look to the picture you see upper left corner a warning triangle with red line, meening this doesn't work.
For the navi 900 system, the triangle changes colour, from green to orange to red, depending on distance.
The yellow guidelines are devided in 1 mtr distance, the red line means last meter. Distance is reasonable accurate.
Good luck with the build.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts