Astra Owners Network banner

Retrofitting TPMS Astra J

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  MusicLoverUK 
#1 ·
Retrofitting TPMS

Ok the first thing we need to do is check a couple of things.

Pins in the rear fuse board.

The most important one is the one at the bottom.

You will also need to check you have the following wires on the grey round plug.

The wires you need to check for TPMS are 1 Black & 1 Green/Blue

There should also be other Black and a Green/Yellow (I believe these are for the rear number plate light)

There is a couple of other wires on this plug but I'm not 100% sure what they are for.

If you have the above this retrofit will be so much easier and cheaper.

I've not found any mention of any fuses that are used for the TPMS system.

So the parts you will need are as follows.

Rear loom please pick the loom that meets your car and make sure you add the TPMS into it.

Part NumberDescriptionPrice
13253575HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UJ) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (EXCEPT TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (EXCEPT REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING) (EXCEPT FLEXFIX SYSTEM)
13288746HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UN) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (EXCEPT TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)
13345919HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 5G6) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (EXCEPT TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)
13288745HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UM) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (EXCEPT TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR FLEXFIX SYSTEM)
13345917HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 5G4) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (EXCEPT TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR FLEXFIX SYSTEM)
13288743HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UK) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (EXCEPT REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING) (EXCEPT FLEXFIX SYSTEM)
13288749HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UR) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)
13345920HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 5G7) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)
13288748HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UQ) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR FLEXFIX SYSTEM)
13345918HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 5G5) (EXCEPT PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR FLEXFIX SYSTEM)
13288744HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UL) (FOR PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (EXCEPT TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (EXCEPT REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)
13288753HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UW) (FOR PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (EXCEPT TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)
13345921HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 5G8) (FOR PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (EXCEPT TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)
13363096HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT U24) (FOR PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (EXCEPT TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR FLEXFIX SYSTEM)
13288747HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UP) (FOR PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (EXCEPT REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)
13288751HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 4UT) (FOR PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)
13345922HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT 5G9) (FOR PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR REMOVABLE TRAILER COUPLING)
13363097HARNESS, ASSY., REAR BODY (IDENT U25) (FOR PARKING PILOT SYSTEM) (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM) (FOR FLEXFIX SYSTEM)

<tbody>
</tbody>

TPMS Sensors for the Wheels you will need 4 of each of the below items.

13348393SENSOR, WITH VALVE (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM)
24455308NUT, TYRE VALVE STEM (FOR TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM)

<tbody>
</tbody>

TPMS ECU

13321961Control unit, tyre pressure monitoring system

<tbody>
</tbody>

You can fit the loom yourself and also the TPMS ECU, you will have to get a tyre place to fit the TPMS sensors in the wheels phone around and see who has the tools to do it I paid £24 for them to be fitted the nuts need to be done up to 8nm.

You will find the following howto's helpful for changing the loom over and fitting the TPMS ECU.

How to remove rear bumper

Retrofit flex floor

To change the loom over you will need to remove the trim panel from the load area to reveal the the fuse board fully you will also need to remove the rear trim panel, then remove rear bumper (don't need to take it fully off)

disconnect the old loom and remove from the car, then run the new loom though.

Install the TPMS ECU it fits behind the bumper

I used a couple of cable ties for extra peace of mind

You will need to plug the plug into the board.

There is only 1 pin in this plug for TPMS and the wire colour is Purple/Green.

Put the car back together and go and get you TPMS sensors fitted to the wheels

You will then need to get TPMS activated Pecky based in Wolverhampton can do this dealerships seem baffled by any retrofits​

See less See more
#6 ·
To bring this thread to an end.

I had to make two trips to Pecky to get the VCI codes needed for the BCM & IPC, once that was done the system was working but not picking up the sensors in the wheels.

After much headbanging with Vauxhall they said the new sensors needed to activated via the tool they hold over the sensor, No dealer could understand this.

I took a trip up to Cornishtaz and we swapped two wheels which kicked started my sensors.

The system is now fully working.

A big thanks to all who helped with this retrofit.

Please see this link to online workshop about the BCM.

If anyone wants any help send me a PM​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.