Astra Owners Network banner
161 - 180 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Iv had Bluetooth an USB fitted. Next in line is dab and folding door mirrors
I'm currently sorting out folding wing mirrors with him :-D. Then next on my list is usb and bluetooth also.. and now you mention it. DAB lol..

Thanks you've just cost me more money lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
299 Posts
The folding mirrors work a treat on the GTC unfortunately the 5dr mirror bases that bolt to the door are longer and different shape so dont fit:( . I now need to see if the bases can be swapped

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

What about the motors ?can they be swapped into your mirrors?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, thank you for all!!! I have looked at the connector on the car body, It does not have two male pin,s on row 37, and 38, position 11, and 12... so can anybody explain to me if i still be able to do it?? what is the function of these connection (11-12)? just send the passenger cables info to the other side?? to the switch??? can I connect by other means?
any help appreciated.... thanks guys...

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Administrator
3,920 Posts
Hi, thank you for all!!! I have looked at the connector on the car body, It does not have two male pin,s on row 37, and 38, position 11, and 12... so can anybody explain to me if i still be able to do it?? what is the function of these connection (11-12)? just send the passenger cables info to the other side?? to the switch??? can I connect by other means?
any help appreciated.... thanks guys...
Within the car body those two pins just take the signals from one door to the other. If you don't have those wires then you will need to add them. Somewhere further back up this thread is the wiring diagram to show you how it should work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am from Germany and 1 month ago I bought an used Astra-J Innovation (I think like the Elite Model) 2.0 CDTI 160HP.
After I read this thread I searched for 2 power fold mirrors for my opel astra-j MY2011.
I directly found them on german eBay for really small money (65€ each). Complete with glasses and red covers.
After that I got also the switch for 25€. One guy of the german astra-j forum gave me the needed pins and
yesterday I start to "upgrade" my car. What should I say? Great! It works quite fine.

A big thanks goes to all guys which are working on this solution here. Very great.

The only thing I would like to add is a automatic folding function. As the mirrors are not connected to the canbus I will
make a circuit to do so (with 2 times pressing the open/close button on the remote control).

But to do this I need the schematic of the door connector.

Did anyone have this and can give to me?

BR,
Jens

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am from Germany and 1 month ago I bought an used Astra-J Innovation (I think like the Elite Model) 2.0 CDTI 160HP.
After I read this thread I searched for 2 power fold mirrors for my opel astra-j MY2011.
I directly found them on german eBay for really small money (65€ each). Complete with glasses and red covers.
After that I got also the switch for 25€. One guy of the german astra-j forum gave me the needed pins and
yesterday I start to "upgrade" my car. What should I say? Great! It works quite fine.

A big thanks goes to all guys which are working on this solution here. Very great.

The only thing I would like to add is a automatic folding function. As the mirrors are not connected to the canbus I will
make a circuit to do so (with 2 times pressing the open/close button on the remote control).

But to do this I need the schematic of the door connector.

Did anyone have this and can give to me?

BR,
Jens
I too was wondering about this mod, I did this on my mk3 mondeo by connecting the power fold relay to a
The GEM/alarm module. But being new to the Astra I'm still finding my way around

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
As far as I know, there's no "factory" retrofit to get the mirrors to fold and unfold on locking or unlocking as that feature is so far limited to the Insignias that have the seats with position memory as a spec (I don't know why those two are linked, may be part of an option pack) - that's not to say it can't be done! There are some wiring diagrams earlier in the thread that might be of assistance Jens.

·
Banned
1,322 Posts
As far as I know, there's no "factory" retrofit to get the mirrors to fold and unfold on locking or unlocking as that feature is so far limited to the Insignias that have the seats with position memory as a spec (I don't know why those two are linked, may be part of an option pack) - that's not to say it can't be done! There are some wiring diagrams earlier in the thread that might be of assistance Jens.
were they meant to be adding memory seats to J?

161 - 180 of 213 Posts