Astra Owners Network banner
181 - 200 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dear all,

yes I know there will be an option with memory seats, but I don´t have them.
The mirrors have no connection to the canbus, so I will set up my own hardware to make it "autofolding" by double press
the unlock switch on the remote control. If I have something to show I will post it here.

In the meanwhile I got the Pinout of the door connector already.

BR
A20DTH

·
Banned
1,322 Posts
Dear all,

The mirrors have no connection to the canbus, so I will set up my own hardware to make it "autofolding" by double press
the unlock switch on the remote control. If I have something to show I will post it here.

BR
A20DTH
Good luck mate something I'll be interested in.

·
Administrator
3,920 Posts
Dear all,

BR
A20DTH
What you're talking about sounds feasible. The pinouts for the connectors are in posts #66, #70, #95 and #101 in this thread. If you need anything else let us know as a few memebrs on here have access to the schematics. I'm curious about where you are going to pick up the lock/unlock signal to activate your relays though?

Looking forward to seeing what you can come up with - plenty of people would like to add that feature :thumbs:

·
Registered
5 Posts
A20DTH If you search on ebay you will find Universal Automatic Electric Folding Mirrors Module or Power folding mirror kit,
so you can make your mirrors fold or unfold when locking your car by remote no need for memory seats ,memory seats
are for other use.

·
Premium Member
59,266 Posts
A20DTH If you search on ebay you will find Universal Automatic Electric Folding Mirrors Module or Power folding mirror kit,
so you can make your mirrors fold or unfold when locking your car by remote no need for memory seats ,memory seats
are for other use.
They've been tried and failed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes Rusty thats the one there are also and this1 / this2 (i think this2 is better than the other).
MollyGoogle what do you mean by failed , they don't do what seller says? a friend of mine used this on a qashqai 2007 and worked fine

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
i like the way i can fold them when i want with the button inside the car
don't fancy them only folding with the key fob
many i time i have had to get through a tight gap in the road
and being able to pull the mirrors in and out when driving has saved them a few times now,
each to there own but i like it the way it is

·
Banned
1,322 Posts
i like the way i can fold them when i want with the button inside the car
don't fancy them only folding with the key fob
many i time i have had to get through a tight gap in the road
and being able to pull the mirrors in and out when driving has saved them a few times now,
each to there own but i like it the way it is
You can still fold them when you want need to mate. All this does is auto close on lock and auto open once you've started the car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
nope my don't ether
just wondering if any one has the option of the windows open and close option with the key fob
and has power fold if pressing the fob two times with the windows down then they fold maybe
i noticed he presses the fob two times ?
or may be he has that happy light show thingy ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did notice he had problems getting them to fold at times. I thought maybe it had something to do with it being connected to a source that pwered too quickly to activate his folding relay, so the additional presses gave him the extra oomph of power.

181 - 200 of 213 Posts