Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. I wonder if ye might be aware of somebody in Ireland (North or South) who retrofits cruise control into my 1.4 petrol? I believe the clutch wires etc need to be added and also I don't fancy bricking my car with no knowledge of opcom. cheers :)

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Opcom only does what u tell it, same as tech2 and vauxcom, if you get the brake switch fitted and stalk it only needs programmed to work, ecu' sneed done for it, there not many in Ireland on here tho that can help out that iv seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Opcom only does what u tell it, same as tech2 and vauxcom,
Not quite, opcom (as in the pirate) does what the developer programmed it to do, which isn't always 100% the same as tech2 or latest vauxcom, which still isn't always correct. You only see the errors when you plug Tech2 in after programming and see all the items set as Invalid even though opcom says it's OK, because that is only checking its own routines.

As for the 1.4, yes you have read correctly in that you are very likely going to need the wire from the UEC fusebox to the clutch switch and to a switched live. The clutch switch itself, the stalk and then programming.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone in Ireland who does this kind of thing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Pecky. Many thanks for your reply and indeed I wouldn't attempt such a project without a tech 2 guy. Just to be clear, you stated that I will likely need a wire from uec to clutch switch and ground. Am I not right in thinking that it would be a wire from uec to clutch switch and +12V ignition? May have read wrong, but thats what i gathered from previous posts. cheers

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
It's been ages since I've done a 1.4, but yes I think you are correct now you say that.

yes it is a switched live, but don't use the one by the accessory socket as it seems to pulse which knocks off the cruise as soon as it is set.

Switched live is pretty much any solid black wire on the MK5

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotcha. Probably will run wiring myself and find tech 2 person somewhere :) many thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hi Pecky / others. Could I ask you a question if you can remember the Mk5. I found the cruise control wires behind clock. Black and grey. Black is +12V ignition switched. I assume that grey should go back via X1 to UEC (If loom is present).
I measured the resistance to ground of grey: result is that it is not open circuit and has a resistance in kilo-ohm range. Does this mean that loom is already correct and present?
Would be great to know before I attack the UEC in 9 year old car :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts