Astra Owners Network banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I can't/won't advise which to buy,it's all a bit of a lottery when buying used,
you can use any code you like but it needs to be the same in all modules and makes sense to stick with the original.
On the immo function programming drop down box there's the option for cim and ecm change,
this programs a new immo function code hence the need for new keys to be programmed in to match
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Electric blue

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Thanks for that,

I have narrowed down to two options-

1. A CIM module completely reset using Tech2.
2. A CIM module not reset, taken out of working car, comes with a car key.

Which one would you go for if you were me?

My thinking-
For option 1, the OPcom messed it when i reset the ECU before taking it out from car or while resetting the new one. Other wise why on earth immo wont accept the stored 7994 pin ?
Or
For Option 2, I read the existing code on immo and use that to reprogram the ECU. Is it even doable and will it work? I understand there would be two security codes one for ECU and other modules and 1 only for IMMO, but that doesnt bother me as long as it works.

What is my best bet to get the car up and running whilst spending as less time and money on it as i have decided to sell the car once its fixed.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
You do like getting me scratching my head lol
i can't say it's a scenario i've faced before but------
option 1 you know the score
option 2 if you can get the code extracted,fit the new cim,change the key blade over so the new key will fit the existing barrel,
do the immo function only selecting "new ecm fitted" using the new cim's code,this will transfer the immo function details ove to the ecm,you'll also then need to reset the uec,rec and ipc and program them with the new code it's important all the modules on the immo chain have a code that's consistent

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Haha, mate without your help I wasnt getting any where. Funny thing, I told my locksmith that I will go back to the forum and get the solution and work on it :) My car mechanic in the mean time is pretty useless and happy to learn all of it from me/our findings lol

Now, As tempting as Option 1 looks, (using original security code i could reprogram the immo and ECU, get a key programmed and job done), Option 2 is more tempting (some learning curve it has).

Since I cant read key off CIM, i'd check with my locksmith if he is happy to take longer route. Else will stick to option 1 and source the CIM this week.

Really appreciate your time and effort to help me out mate :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Hello, I am back!
Well, my locksmith is back and he recommended to go with Option 1 CIM which was delivered this morning.

I shall get on to the job hopefully this week itself and keep you updated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hello Valer,

So yesterday evening we put in new RESET CIM and used our old code 7994 to program ECU and CIM which worked like a charm! Got programmed.
The Locksmith programmed a new key to the new CIM ( we could see in the system that its showing a key transponder programmed)

I programmed UEC & REC with new original code and VIN. But couldnt access IPC as its still showing 2:40hrs waiting time.

And with all this being done, the immo function key is still flashing on dash.

I left the battery on charge and ignition on last evening at garage. Will have to go back this evening and check if its cleared out.

Did I do everything right here? Is IPC waiting time is the only road block left now?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
It sounds as though everything is ok up to the IPC,in theory they should run if only one module in the immo chain has the wrong sec code programmed,i can see a replacement IPC may be the next purchase if it won't re-set

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I remember IPC was locked until 21hours 20 minutes. It dropped down from there until 40 minutes. And it went up to 2:40hrs as of yesterday.
Will using an old key in ignition throw errors to IPC after the CIM was reset? I am trying to figure out what contributed to IPCs increased time to 2:40hrs. I didnt use wrong password, more than 2twice :-(
I didnt know IPC can be purchased lol, i thought ita a part of CIM or ECU.
I really am hopefully that it will/should clear up, if not where do i start my search to look for a replacement IPC?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Looks like you a possibility of 2 different modules fitted (see pic)
if it comes to needing one you may have to pull yours out and look for the I.D.

Product Rectangle Font Technology Screenshot

41 - 50 of 50 Posts