Astra Owners Network banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Cheers Pal, appreciate your help here. I will try and let you know how it goes. Thanks again.
Well Mate hows things?

I gave it a go but no luck! Followed the guide but I cant get pass the Immo security code. However, i was curious to see if REC, IPC or UEC will accept my code (which were to be reset and reprogrammed post immo programming as per the guide)

Started with UEC- the 7994 code worked like a charm, got in and out ( reset and programmed it too just for the sake)
IPC- didnt let me in, found out that there is a cooldown period of 40 minutes until i try again. ( i could access IPC earlier using 7994 but ended up trying 0080 multiple times a day before so it got locked). However, correct me if i am wrong, IPC wont clear its 40 minutes until the ignition is on? Am i right, because i noticed even after 24 hours its still showing 40 minutes cooldown period. May be i read it as well some where. To be honest i did reset and re program IPC 2 days back when i could access it, under impression it will help access immo. ( not sure if i screwed it up there) but couldnt access immo then too.

Didnt try REC as my patience has started to wear thing and its too frustating.

Now, do you think IPC being under cooldown period will affect immo code? Although the immo didnt accept the code even when i could access IPC 2 days back.

What would you suggest the next course of action be?

Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Try it using the instructions,if no go try one of the other softwares they supplied,
as for removing the immo function,not something i've ever done
Well Mate hows things?

I gave it a go but no luck, followed the guide but I cant get pass the Immo security code. However, i was curious to see if REC, IPC or UEC will accept my code ( which were to be reset and reprogrammed post immo programming as per the guide)

Started with UEC- the 7994 code worked like a charm, got in and out ( reset and programmed it too just for the sake)
IPC- didnt let me in, found out that there is a cooldown period of 40 minutes until i try again. ( i could access IPC earlier using 7994 but ended up trying 0080 multiple times a day before so it got locked). However, correct me if i am wrong, IPC wont clear its 40 minutes until the ignition is on? Am i right, because i noticed even after 24 hours its still showing 40 minutes cooldown period. May be i read it as well some where.
Didnt try REC as my patience has started to wear thing and its too frustating.

Now, do you think IPC being under cooldown period will affect immo code? Although the immo didnt accept the code even when i could access IPC 2 days back.

What would you suggest the next course of action be?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I don't recall a 40 min wait on the IPC,i'm wondering if the security wait time is active on the immo,
if it's on then the wait can be anything up to 21h 20 mins,this meeans leaving it powered up for the correct amount of time.
When i was doing any work like this my first move was always to check and change to inactive if was set on.
Have you tried it now with the old ecm and other software versions to see if it works ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You could well be right here. I can only see IPC waiting time to 40 minutes. Dont know how to find it for immo, but waiting time is on where ever i could see....as you said, it can go upto 21:20 hours. I am going to leave it powerd up and ignition on to clear it.
Its my first time doing it mate, but learning from my mistakes, its such a hype people create about working on ECU that i didnt dare looking anywhere, just stuck to the points ;-( but I am determined to get this going until i get it sorted myself. Car has full 1 year MOT on it and I have bought another one ( as its wife car) so I am not stuck. Got quotes from local mechanics, asking for £250+VAT. Rip off!
I did try with Old ECM too but immo wont accept any code, it could well be in cool down period. I tried with other softwares from 2014 and 2012 but same response.

However, I have got a hold of 1.39v of Opcom that i have bought for £30. Will read the code on immo through Eprom memory once its with me next week.
If i get this one done, i will surely write a guide too to help others learn from my mistakes and make it easier for everyone.

Really appreciate your help too, you've been great support!
I will be in touch next week with hopefully some good news, until then mind yourself :)

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
No problem,i haven't done much in the way of programming on an H for 3-4 years now so the old memory can play tricks,lol
but you won't be able to read the sec code from the immo memory unless it's opcom advanced software(not opcom professional),even the advanced version can generally only pull it from the DIS module,but it'll be interesting to see if one running 100219 with matching 1.39 firmware will connect ok.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Never used Opcom, but the process you have followed should have a successful result with TECHII.
With replacement ECU's, i typically use GLOBALTIS and SPS and select "Program and Replace" for the ECU. So it will just replace it for the car VIN and also throw the latest firmware on at the same time.

Reactions: So gaming

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Right folks, hope you are well,

I am back from holidays and I have over ridden the cool off period on IPC. and I have also received my V1.39 opcom device which I intend to use with 120309a version. Hope it works and i will keep yous posted on the results (either ways).

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
If the unit is running 1.39fw it will auto update to the matching 1.45fw when you run the 120309 software

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Right, the inactive time on IPC has come down from 21:20 to 2:40hrs. But hasnt been able to come down to 0.

Battery died even with battery charger stuck to it. Will try to get this done hopefully today

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
iirc it will only come down to 10seconds,once it's there then it should just be a short wait before you can input the sec code.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Right, you would wana hear about this now!

Called a locksmith, started to read codes from Old ECU to New ECU and Radio and CIM ( wasnt the easiest)

The Original ECU code - 7994
The Replacement ECU code- 0080
Radio- 7994
CIM- 7994

FFS, then why 7994 isnt accepted by CIM when i am trying to program the new ECU?

What am i doing here is wrong? Reset the Old ecu while replacing with new. Reset new one using the pin 0080.
IPC is still under inactive mode as freeze time woudnt come down from 2:40 hrs.

Every where 7994 is accepted , except immo.
Can i get a replacement CIM with same part number and just replace it? Do they come reset? Will i be able to program them using 7994 or 0080 code?
Please help @valer

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
i did have a similar issue a few years back with a Corsa that just wouldn't accept the security code once the wait time was up.
iirc i ended up having to put a replacement ecm and immo controller and new key chips to sort it,
never had it with an Astra H/Zafira B though.
Are you in the UK ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hey Mate, thanks for getting back,
No I am in the Ireland. Would i just get a CIM ( exact part number) and replace it and possibly reconfigure it using the original key of the new CIM? Would i need new key cut for new CIM? Possibly, but thats not a challenge as my locksmith will do it all. I am just fedup now and want this car on the road, been more than a month since i am trying to get it sorted.
What all my options are please?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
The flag on your name changes,it was showing as USA this morning lol
You can fit a used reset CIM or a used one supplied with it's code so you can re-set it in situ,but doing this will mean you have lost the immo function info from both the modules that hold it (ECM and CIM) so it will need new keys as well.
Disregarding any with keyless entry there are only 2 CIM types fitted to the H (single and dual stage airbags)
plus another 2 options for 315 or 433 mhz keys.
These are serviced by quite a few production part numbers so it can get complicated.
Post the VIN and i'll see if i can work out some options.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Ah sorry about that, I was using VPN 😝
I have found two options for CIM on eBay, same part numbers. Getting keys isn’t an issue as I said, locksmith will sort that out.
I am sharing the picture of my CIM type, funny it’s eeprom Dara was basically stored in the processor 9s120 chip type. Locksmith had to take the CIM home and work on it to find the code. Pictures attached for that too.
Current CIM- 13198906 XC 498990969 203773
eBay link- VAUXHALL ASTRA H MK5 CONSOLE INTEGRATED MODULE CIM 13198906 XC 2004-2010 | eBay
My VIN is- W0L0AHL4868083074

appreciate your help here, thanks again.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Ok the car has a 433mhz cim module for dual stage airbag,the number on yours is one of the production part numbers,
the master part number is 93184341,if you search using that it may give you afew more to choose from.

Reactions: So gaming

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Super Stuff!
So, i looked up, and seems like the ebay listing that i shared earlier is the best match so far ( cheapest too), shall i go for that ? Its already reset that means will i be able to program it using car's original code 7994?

So, if my understanding is correct, first step will be to detect ECU change under immo programing followed by CIM change in the same drop down section.
Ignition off and on and then move to IPC, REC etc as per the original guide you shared?

anything else i need to consider while doing the above?

21 - 40 of 50 Posts