Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My ECU on the car gave up hence the swap with same part number

However I am stuck and cant get into the Immobilizer to re-program as security code isnt accepted.

I have Security code (7994) of Old ECU and PIN (0080) for replacement ECU. I will write exact steps that i have taken to get this going, if anyone can throw some light, what did i do wrong or what went wrong, please!

Connected Opcom -> Engine -> Programming -> Reset ECU -> Entered code 7994, message received " ECU reset successful.
The immobilizer Spanner light started to flash on dash.

Replaced the old ECU with New (used one)

Connected Opcom -> Checked the fault codes -> showing the Immobilizer not programed ( as it should be) -> reset the replacement ECU using its pin 0080-> ECU reset successful.

Next I went to Body-> Immobilizer->Immobilizer programming -> asks for security code -> I entered 7994 but it didnt accept, message saying wrong code entered. I also tried 0080 but same response.

However I could access IPC using the old code 7994 but cant get inside Immobilizer or CIM module.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Did you re-set the CIM at at any point ?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
No it sounds as though you've done it correctly,in theory the immo should accept the original 7994 code,
after you re-set the new ecm did you turn the ignition off for a minute or so before trying entering the code ?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I have a programming guide somewhere that i helped write for opcomusers,i'll dig it out and put it on a PM to you later

Reactions: Dripping

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No it sounds as though you've done it correctly,in theory the immo should accept the original 7994 code,
after you re-set the new ecm did you turn the ignition off for a minute or so before trying entering the code ?
I think i did turn ignition off ( honestly not too sure as i repeated the whole thing so many times under frustation) But definitely not 1 minute. I can try that again today and leave it for few minutes...

Anything else? Does battery has to do anything with it because its been connected all the time? Not sure if i need to remove it between the processes.

My biggest query is, if the Immobilizer isnt accepting 7994 or 0080 then what is stored in it as a security code? And where did it come from to negate the other codes i am using.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
My biggest query is, if the Immobilizer isnt accepting 7994 or 0080 then what is stored in it as a security code? And where did it come from to negate the other codes i am using.
That's the big question,hence me asking about the CIM

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's the big question,hence me asking about the CIM
Didnt touch CIM, couldnt even pass the security on that.

Now the current state is, my Old ECU on car, i will reset it and remove it and follow the guide.

Do I need to reset the New ECU before I start programming Immo or just leave it as it is? It is reset at the moment using its PIN 0080. Dont think it will make any difference, will it?

Just thinking outloud, does Radio code has to play any role here in this whole activity? I am tempted to try that to unlock Immo, might sound dumb but there is a code in immo thats unknown!

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
New ecm should be ok if it's now re-set,there is no separate radio code it's the same as immo code,
how do you propose to unlock the immo ?
if you end up with a re-set CIM ans ECM then it'll need new keys,it's essential to keep the immo function in one of those two units to allow to be learnt by whichever module you're replacing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right!
I honestly dont have a clue how am i gonna unlock immo. I intend to follow your guide to the teeth and see if that works. I didnt take the battery out when swapped the ECUs. Thats my only best odd to get it going. My ECU is definitely reset ( both of them) but i didnt reset CIM at all coz i couldnt access it. Now i tried the old ECU but since it was reset, it needs immo programmed, when i tried the 7994 -cold code, it said wrong code. So basically immo isnt ready to accept any code whith either of the ECUs ( both are reset). I am not liking the sound of it, but am I f***ed? What should i do now if following the guide doesnt work!

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Follow the guide and see how it goes,
btw what opcom software and firmware versions are you running ?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Sorry to deflate you but that is a China clone,
sometimes the firmware/software mismatch that you have will stop certain parts of the program working although as you managed to re-set the immo code it shouldn't be that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry to deflate you but that is a China clone,
sometimes the firmware/software mismatch that you have will stop certain parts of the program working although as you managed to re-set the immo code it shouldn't be that.
WTF! the guy selling it off calling it legit! I mean it did allow me to reset the ECU, but whats the possibility it wont let me get through security code of immo?

Where can i get the legit one that you think will work with the hardware?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Here's the genuine article,as you can see somewhat more expensive
The trouble with clones is that they usually run fake chip sets,hence the mismatch between firmware and software,
honestly It may be working ok but there are so many issues that can arise with different combinations it's impossible to predict.
I can put you in touch with a seller that supplies clones with genuine chipsets and software but that's your shout

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's the genuine article,as you can see somewhat more expensive
The trouble with clones is that they usually run fake chip sets,hence the mismatch between firmware and software,
honestly It may be working ok but there are so many issues that can arise with different combinations it's impossible to predict.
I can put you in touch with a seller that supplies clones with genuine chipsets and software but that's your shout
Geez that some price with ilexa, i dont mind exploring option if you can put me in touch with your guy. As long as its worth the money, else i'd be left with no option but to ask a mechanic to do it for me. Havent got any quotes just yet. I was also thinking to get the immo disabled all together. I know the risk but **** it, its not a new car and i can declare with with my insurance if push comes to that. What say?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Try it using the instructions,if no go try one of the other softwares they supplied,
as for removing the immo function,not something i've ever done

Reactions: So gaming
1 - 20 of 45 Posts