Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody had problems with their centrol locking, only had the car a week and twice it wont work with either remotes.
the car is a 58reg sri with factory alarm

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
battery issues maybe

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
I sometimes have issues trying to lock the car whilst stood on the passanger side, but move around to the front it works fine,
as above, it could be your batteries

·
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
could understand if only one remote not working but both.
right looks like the problem is the alarm, i set the alarm off waited for it to reset and :sus: now remote locking works, i thinks its a trip back to the dealers

·
Registered
395 Posts
Well I've just got mine back from 2nd annual service, complete with new key fob batteries. So I've just been outside to test em'... well, they both work up to about 20 metres, however I held the key to my head and they work an extra couple of metres further away.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Well I've just got mine back from 2nd annual service, complete with new key fob batteries. So I've just been outside to test em'... well, they both work up to about 20 metres, however I held the key to my head and they work an extra couple of metres further away.
I wonder how that makes it work further?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I wonder how that makes it work further?
Well when the majority of drivers press the remote, they hold it at waist height... so holding it on top of your head may give you the advantage of angle, reflection or simply the additional height acts like a TV transmitter mast. I guess that they would be wasting a lot of brass building them like Emley Moor "tallest free standing structure in the UK at 328m" :lol:

·
Registered
395 Posts
If you want to look a bit weird, just try this - hold the remote as high as you can, not on your head in your hand and see what sort of distances you can achieve. I've just managed over 30 metres, holding the remote above my head, but "no where near that", at waist height. So hold it "over" your head, sort of Rod Hull Emu stance :looney:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts