Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've read In some places that the 1.7 astra can be over 100bhp it says it is maybe about 110bhp? Is there any truth in this, going for a remap next week looking at a gain of around 35bhp and 40ftlbs, hopefully they can squeeze out a bit more, if it turns out it is 110 standard on the RR before will the 35bhp increase bring it to 145 or how does it work, new to this tuning stuff, anything else I could do to bring up bhp etc? :)

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Fmic (front mount intercooler) every little helps but get it done before you get it mapped but a stage one remap is ok on std car

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Depends on what your willing to spend I think I'm right in staying alot of the 1.7 lads use the Frontera fmic or a similar universal jobby from eBay

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
Your question covers one of the biggest minefields in tuning. When some tuners say they got 35bhp it's because the car was, as an example, 105bhp when they started and 140bhp when they finished. Other tuners in the same situation would say that they got 40bhp because the factory quoted figure was 100bhp regardless of what the actual figure is in the real world

1 - 6 of 6 Posts