Astra Owners Network banner

REC

652 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Z16XER H 
#1 ·
Is a REC plug and play or is there more to it then that? I have an SXI which doesn't have it, but I'm looking at installing cruise control to the car as well as having comfort close windows and auto lock.

Thanks

#4 ·
It goes everywhere, all the ECUs are on a CANbus so they can all talk to each other so they all have to be connected. You'd need a body loom off a car with an REC, plus an REC, plus a load of programming to get all the other units to talk to it.

#10 ·
Hi Stickman, so since starting this thread I have purchased a scrap 5 door astra (life) £60 (absolute bargain) which has the REC obviously I'd need to trace all the wiring that goes to REC through the car. Time is something I have a lot of at the moment so is there anything I'd need to look out for?

#5 ·
If cruise is at the top of your list then you won't need an REC to enable it,
it's programmed in the CIM,ECM and IPC,it's just the clutch switch that needs fitting and wiring in if it's not got one,plus a cruise stalk,
as for comfort close and speed dependant locking IMO it's far to much work to make it worthwhile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.