Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Wonder if any one has had this problem, when I press my stalk to squirt water on the rear screen nothing is coming out i can hear the pump going but nothing is coming out, front jets are working fine ??? strange.

Any ideas guys

Many thanks.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I had this problem for around a month, then one day it just started working :sus:

So my advice is to wait... (Y):lol:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Looking at other posts on this issue it could be one of these.

1 It might be the nozzle blocked.

2 The pipe may be detatched.

I'd go down the easy route and try the first of these. If it's the 2nd you are likely to see a damp area on the roof lining or have a hatch full of water.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at other posts on this issue it could be one of these.

1 It might be the nozzle blocked.

2 The pipe may be detatched.

I'd go down the easy route and try the first of these. If it's the 2nd you are likely to see a damp area on the roof lining or have a hatch full of water.
I checked the pipe thats fine and ill go stick a pin in the jet me thinks

many thanks

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I'm reasonably sure if it was the fuse the fronts wouldn't work either.

You need to use a pin to try & unblock it. If this doesn't work (and it didn't with mine :lol:) you need to remove the trim on the inside of the boot, unclip the high level brake light & wash out the nozzle with warm water.

Did the trick on mine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Had this problem with mine last week,remove the washer nozzle and let it steep in boiling water for five minutes,mines been fine since,only takes five minutes to remove aswell

·
Registered
707 Posts
Had the same problem on mine, got the garage to sort it out when i put the motor in for a service. I'd tried the pin trick but it wasnt playing so they flushed the system with some compressed air, working a treat at the mo.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah the ***** aint working.. that dont sound right lol, ill have to go for the soak tomorrow hopefully that will sort it

cheers guys

·
Registered
681 Posts
I had a bit of the same problem on my old veccy, was ready to strip the whole line out. Turned ont there is a little rubber Non Return Valve (a rubber flap type thing) Inside the washer pump. It had turned and was blocking the water from leaving the pump. Sorted it and it worked fine. Fiddly job though :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
astra h 5dr rear washer jet

hi i have one problem with my washer jet i take red light form the tail and is jet not work but i take the tube and water is coming out just jet not i see if possible buy this jet in ebay but not found nothing any help please tks

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
I would go to a scrap yard near you and get on from there.. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Mine did this a number of times, each time it was a blocked nozzle with kak.

First time the garage washed it out with warm water, second time they used a shot of compressed air through it.

Each time I tried the pin to no avail so try washing it out mate.

·
Registered
962 Posts
As said, check it's not blocked & check it's connected to the pump. The pump is behind the front bumper on the passenger side of the car down low... I know mine's broken at the moment as the hose is split.
Happened to me, i got someone to press the stalk to activate it as i looked under the front bumper and got a face full of soapy water :lol:

Astra H's seem to have a problem of blowing both the front a rear washer pipe/hose coming off if you run the washer bottle dry/bring up the "washer fluid level" message on the display.

Ive ran all my other cars dry and simply topped up and away i went, on the H the pipe/hose for the rear has blown off once and the front twice due to running it dry.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You have to be careful with the pin. If you just ram it in, chances are you could push any blockage further down. If you get the thinest needle you can, try sliding it down one of the sides of the nozzle hole, tilt it away from the hole ever so slightly, enough that it will touch the other side of the hole, with the littlest of movements and pull it up slowly. It should pull the bits of dirt up with it rather than pushing it down and hoping it break it up enough to clear the blockage.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts