Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi am planning to replace mine as they are cracked. Plan to bash out the old ones with a hammer/chissel but am worried about fitting the new ones. Was going to buy same type as original. If I put them in the freezer first, clean & grease the beam do they slide in quite easily? Do I need to buy a special tool/make a long threded rod with big washer etc or can I tap them in with a hammer? Any tips very welcome.

p.s. 2008 Astra H estate, 1.9tdi.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
There is a tool you can buy/copy for the rear beam bushes, I have heard of the big hammer job I'm not sure rubber contracts in the freezer mind.... Best bet would be to fit the aftermarket bushes miles better and probably last longer

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Iv got black poly's on mine, makes a big difference, and much easier to fit, the purple polys arent quite as harsh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I should have said, I only need to change 1 as the garage i got the car from replaced on as it had cracked when I bought the car less than 1 year ago. I tried to get them to do both but as it was under guarantee they would only do the failed one, they used same type of bush as original so I would need to use similar type on the other side. I was planning to use a lemforder one. If anyone has any more info about if you can make a diy tool or if any tool is needed or any tips it would be appreciated. I am rather worried that i will get out the old one and then be stuck unable to get the new on in. would like a plan before I start!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts