Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it correct that Corsa b rear lowering springs fit on a 08 3dr ? A few people say yes but would like to know before I buy some. If they fit then I think it will drop the back end so it looks level.. It has 30 mm lowering springs on already but with it having SRIsprings on it only dropped it 15mm.. Any help would be great thanks

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,714 Posts
I am going to say yes they will fit, but ask yourself this why would you put springs which are designed for a car that weights half as much as the Astra, ok they give you cheap lows for that slammed look, but what effect does it have on the handling and road holding of the car?

if your wanting to achieve the same lows, get in contact with a custom spring maker like Pi Springs or Lo springs and get them to make you a set up, yes it may cost a bit more but least you'll know you have the correct weighted springs for your car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I have just put apex on but did not know it had lowered Sri springs on, the front dropped perfect but the rear still looks a little high.

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
Corsa B springs will fit, Biro springs will fit, mattress springs will fit and I imagine that even a slinky will fit.

Will Corsa B springs be safe, give the correct control? No. Will Corsa B springs drop out if the rear strut reaches full travel for any reason? Yes.

Corsa B springs go on Corsa's. Astra H springs go on Astra's.

Get custom springs. Get coilovers. Get airride. Don't fit the wrong parts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes they do fit. Didn't have any problems with them so far, riding quality is... good i suppose having coilovers. Bit bouncy but that is what you get when lowering much. Check my topic for pics, more to come soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts