Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2006 2.0 sri turbo want to fit a dump valve to it but dont want the whoosh sound.. are the re-circulating ones any good?

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
It's already got one built into the turbo. I wouldn't recommend fitting a dump valve unless you purely want the sound.

If you want to change the standard one for a better one, both Forge and Regal do one that replaces it.

FORGE

REGAL

Although both listed for the astra VXR I'm 99% sure that they'll fit all the Z20LE* series of engines.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've had the Forge ones on a couple of VAG cars, good quality and serviceable.
You can change the springs if you remap your car to allow more control of the boost and don't need to worry about the diaphragm splitting as they use a piston

Look good and as quiet as a standard dv

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's already got one built into the turbo. I wouldn't recommend fitting a dump valve unless you purely want the sound.

If you want to change the standard one for a better one, both Forge and Regal do one that replaces it.

FORGE

REGAL

Although both listed for the astra VXR I'm 99% sure that they'll fit all the Z20LE* series of engines.

Mmmmm Those Valvs are instaled instead of standard valve? (at the same Place) .....

I like to change my original valve for a 2007 Sport (200 bhp) .. but i was reading if change to external Valves (like Vags) could have a little scape to turn on DTC in the computer...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts