Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry but I've just got a little rant. My neighbour really annoys me when it comes to the car. We've got a shared driveway leading up to both our garages, so whenever he comes up to his garage and sees me doing something to the car, he starts asking questions. He keeps asking me why I don't do something to the engine instead of the looks, because according to the world of "Captain Sensible" (Our neighbourhood nickname for him, because he's a right plank), the insurance company and the police will never know, while if I change the looks of the car, I'm just asking for trouble from the police.

Since when was it illegal to modify the looks of the car? And since when was it legal to modify the engine without telling your insurer?

He also never listens. He keeps telling me all this stuff I should do to the engine, but doesn't understand that there is a reason I bought a 1.6. I can't afford to insure anything more powerful, due to age, NCB and experience. I've had the car, what, just over a year. I bought the car I drove my test. I'm 20. It's not really easy to get insured on a bigger engine... and I don't even want to imagine what the insurance company are going to say if I start modifying the engine to get bigger power out of it... And even then, if I could afford to pay for the parts for the engine, and then afford the modified engine insurance... would I not be able to afford the insurance on a bigger engine? It just defeats the point. He won't have any of it and keeps sticking his big nose in it all.

But then I suppose it isn't a change from "Captain Sensible"... the guy who thinks it is smart to have a bonfire at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon while everybody else has their nice clean clothes hanging out on the washing line drying, only to get covered in smoke... and the guy who thinks that he is so good at building, that he can re-build his own garage roof... only for it to look worse than a 5 year-old's Lego city, and for him to fall through it while he walks across it inspecting the work... Even though he has a pull-cord on the inside of the garage to open the door even when locked, he still decides to climb through the hole he made in the roof... only to fall through it again.

Sorry, but I wish he'd just p*** off and leave me alone. Needed to rant about it somewhere. :mad:

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Oh dear. Sounds like he's old and lonely. I tend to humour the old fogeys when they approach me & start babbling on, cos i think it'll probably be me one day.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
i have one of these next to me! we call him 'wheel barrow man' cos he makes wooden barrows in his garage!

He has a nissan primera with some really ****** up alloys, and asked when i put my pentas on what i was doing with the old ones as he was after some new ones for his car. I told him they had sold on ebay and he got right ****** off as if i was going to give them to him!!!

People like that are just lonely and noone likes, they should just move out :rofl:

hopefully my new neighbours are better! ive seen a few modded cars around the block of garages, so could be good fun seeing who can keep their cars cleanest !

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Awe bless I know how you feel I have a neighbour who is the very same!! Keeps going on about me washing the car and the length of time it takes and all the stuff I use In his words "a waste of money" This all coming from a man who washes his car with a broom!!! Hmmm

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Awe bless I know how you feel I have a neighbour who is the very same!! Keeps going on about me washing the car and the length of time it takes and all the stuff I use In his words "a waste of money" This all coming from a man who washes his car with a broom!!! Hmmm
:lol:.

I love our neighbours to bits but he wouldn't be seen dead washing his car and has it valeted every month. Snob.

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, my neighbour always rants about me washing my car spending hours doing it... yet when I came back from Spain, it was filthy as anything and he kept going on about how I should clean it before I even had a chance to unload the car from the 2 day journey.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
It's worse he asked me a few weeks ago.... "i'm doing my car would you me to give yours a run over while the hose is out" My reply after the gasp was "do not breathe near my car but thanks for the offer" :lol:

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Bless. Can you imagine his dirty hard bristled broom all over your lovely white motor. Probably uses it to brush his drive as well:lol:

·
Registered
10,997 Posts
We also have one of these idiots.. if we see him we run sayin

Oh

F
u
c
k

Here he comes!

His daughter crashed her car, the other day they were all out looking at her car, so I pulled and said, oh dear she hasnt crashed it again has she? and drove off.

Me-1
him- Owned

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
I would have loved to have seen him fall through the roof of his garage. I honestly think I would have died laughing. He doesn't sound too bad though, and as said, you could have far worse. Try neighbours who everytime they are in the garden can be heard from 50 miles away, or who stay in the garden till about 2 in the morning getting mullered whilst getting louder and louder likethe neighbours in my previous house.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Theres one of these guys next to my dads a total gipe!! The world would be a boring place if we were all perfect......like me!!:lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
My neighbour from about 15 years ago actually made headline news in the Sun and got a few mentions on Have I Got News For You for getting caught having sex with pavements!
See, your neighbour ain't really so bad.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
My neighbour from about 15 years ago actually made headline news in the Sun and got a few mentions on Have I Got News For You for getting caught having sex with pavements!
See, your neighbour ain't really so bad.
I remember that bloke. Gosh, his bits must of been red raw!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Trust me, you could have much, much worse.:banghead:
Yes. much much worse. You could have people living next door who block the drive, make loads of noise to the wee small hours, threaten you with violence, be dealing drugs, have dogs that crap everywhere and he doesn't clean it up etc etc.

Seriously, if that's all you have to complain about then you are very very fortunate compared to many.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts