Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive lighting Gas Tints and shades Automotive exterior Hood

This display light stay lit but I have no ignition when I turn key and no light are working now, at first the lights on dash and interior lights kept flashing now they don’t. Is it the battery?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
It could be the battery but why have us guess what it may be,
surely it's easier if you just measure the battery voltage

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It was the battery in the end something drained it overnight maybe I left the radio on it wasn’t the lights. Just thought it was weird that that display light stayed on with a flat battery even though I couldn’t get anything else to turn on. Now that it’s started do I need to drive it or just keep it on and running while parked? The RAC guy said it’s ok and no benefit to drive it and can charge just bring turned on and won’t charge faster not sure if that’s correct? The display stayed on even when the key was out and the car was locked before the battery was jump started but now it goes off as it should.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
It's going to take a while to fully charge with just the engine running,best to get a battery charger on it really,
bare in mind a battery that's gone completely flat may now not be capable of holding a full charge

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It's going to take a while to fully charge with just the engine running,best to get a battery charger on it really,
bare in mind a battery that's gone completely flat may now not be capable of holding a full charge
Is it correct what the RAC guy said that it can be charged just buy being turned on and parked just a well as if it was being driven? I always thought it best and faster to drive it for at least 30 minutes. My battery showed 8 volts before being jumped now it shows 12.8v after being run for a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts