Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only noticed this yesterday, when looking at my car with the boot open. The spoiler on the XP pack bends back the standard radio aerial when the boot lid is up. A pretty silly bit of design really.

You can replace the aerial, but the are rub marks on the spoiler which will only get a lot worse (I have a nipper so lots of stuff in and out the boot).

Any ideas - either an aerial that can be bent to be vertical, or sticking some clear film to the top of the spoiler?

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
It sounds like your XP kit was fitted after the car was sold,
There is a different arial base for cars that have the XP kit that stop this happening

·
Registered
775 Posts
Yep, spoiler must have been retrofitted. Sri etc with the factory spoiler have a larger aerial base that lifts the aerial and avoids this problem.

JS

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I've bought the car 2nd hand, but as far as I know it was originally specced up by a VXL dealer. It's a 54 plate btw. So the replacement base would make the leave the aerial higher or at a different angle? Will try and find some pics. I could try a stubby aerial, but the reception isn't as good....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good - can you point me in the right direction? I'm thinking it needs to make it point more vertically too? Cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts