Astra Owners Network banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
No problem, with members from all around the world on this forum it happens from time to time (Y)

If it helps, i've found a box suitable for your car here: http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-vauxhall-engine_astra_h-1.6t-180ps-(petrol) which I believe is also based on the FSR system, but I could be wrong. It looks like it has the effect you're after though, and if it's a similar system to mine I'm sure you'll be happy with the results

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
I think it stands for Final Stage Resistors, due to it applying its magic post-ECU (so after the car has made it's own air/fuel/timing calculations, the box steps in and applies its own giving you the gains)

edit: On further investigation it could also stand for "Force sensitive resistor" system, which I prefer the sound of as it sounds a bit Jedi.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think it stands for Final Stage Resistors, due to it applying its magic post-ECU (so after the car has made it's own air/fuel/timing calculations, the box steps in and applies its own giving you the gains)
if that's the case then all are supposed to be FSR since they are all work in the same way and do not interfere with the ecu that's why when you remove them they don't leave any evidence of existence

·
Registered
202 Posts
Same here, been waiting over a year! Think I'm going to go down the remap route instead
Last time I spoke to someone at DT-UK, I was told they are close with it, but it's not fully tested etc yet. That was a month or so ago.

I know warranty issues will occur even with the box, but I would rather have a removable box than having a remap myself

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone else got one of these for their J?

I bought one a couple of weeks ago and I've been playing about with the performance settings inside the chip. I've got to say, once the chip was set-up properly, I was impressed by the extra power.

The chips default settings however, kept putting my car into limp mode. I wound back the torque/power setting one notch and upped the rev range setting where the chip is active and wow, I'm pretty sure I'll be giving Corsa VXR's and
Anyone else got one of these for their J?

I bought one a couple of weeks ago and I've been playing about with the performance settings inside the chip. I've got to say, once the chip was set-up properly, I was impressed by the extra power.

The chips default settings however, kept putting my car into limp mode. I wound back the torque/power setting one notch and upped the rev range setting where the chip is active and wow, I'm pretty sure I'll be giving Corsa VXR's and Type R's a run for their money. This is how the car should have come as standard. It has completely eliminated my jerky acceleration and the low end torque is just spot on.

Anyone else got one of these chips and had a play with the settings? Would like to hear some other people's stories.
If I’m right the 1.6t is 198bhp standard that alone without chip should be beating the corsa vxr not sure about type r I have a Astra gtc 2016 1.4t with a gts race hip and i can keep up with the corsa vxr it probz wins by qauter of a car length that took me from 140 bhp to 181bhp plus I’ve got d cat and scorpion exhaust ready to be fitted to my car and I’m sure then I’ll beat it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 16 turbo 200 gtc. Fitted a racechip 18 months ago had no problems whatsoever.
It was easy to fit and improved the fuel economy. Obviously when you open it up it drinks like an alcoholic but more power requires more fuel. I did replace air filter with a k&n panel filter. The car has done 25k miles with it on.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts