Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I thought I'd do a progress thread as iv not actually done one.. Just random photo's now and again :) as you may already know my names Dan and yes my number plate says RETARD and yes a bought it and the real reason I bought it was because I couldn't afford Dan :(

It all started of as Standard Black Astra 1.9 150bhp I never for second thought I was going to euro it but I guess I did!

My car is currently running 192bhp and 436nm

Video & photo of camber page 2

It's had the following mods. Most likely missing loads.

Badgeless grill
Corsa Vxr Indicator surrounds
Regal Blizzard Intercooler
Full milltek exhaust
Vxr Rear bumper
Non ALF headlights
VXD Dial card and SMD
FK Silverline X Coilovers
BBS LM's 18" 8J & 9J rear
Spacers 16mm front and 25mm rear
Regal EDS IPF 220/500 map.

When I first got my car! Happy Days :) sorry for the mongy face :lol:

My first Mod was Eibach Sportlines.

Before

After

Then had my front grill painted

Next was the Non Alf Headlights with 6000k Hid Kit.

Vxr Bumpers & Full milltek

BBS Alloys

My First Car show PVS 2012

Then decided I wanted wider wheel on the rear so I got 9J with 215 35 18 Uniroyal tyres.

Stretchhhhhh

Then the coilovers came the day after trax :(

VXD Dial card & SMD

The car now currently looks like this! Yeaah I also have a bit of camber :D

Now here's for the random photo's in no order. :)

Yeaah I know the photo's aren't the best quality but I guess you get the idea :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
looks class mate! does that camber make it handle differently at all? how about the wear on the tyres? how did you get the camber like that? as i said, absolutely class!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks class mate! does that camber make it handle differently at all? how about the wear on the tyres? how did you get the camber like that? as i said, absolutely class!
Cheers :). I wouldn't say that handling isn't bad atall. I may say lightly better. But I say this but technically it should make it worse but I won't mention much as everyone will comment saying blah blah blah but tbf I haven't noticed much. Well for the camber iv got washers behind the hub...camber shims are Crap broke straight away and the technical term for how much camber iv got is 3 washers :D not noticed anything with tyres yet but probs won't last long haha! :lol:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Here is a video of how it sounds anyway! Bit of black smoke ;)

[video]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn290/revoplatinum/859DF7D9-0923-4907-A1A0-FDB7684FC5AF-8954-000008E1C801C0C8.mp4[/video]

Random head in the photo I know!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
i love camber but i think that is a bit to much camber on the rear tbh,

i want it on my car my self. but that is crazy, especially as its been done on washers. :)

p.s.
if you camber the front i think it would actuly look spot on just been re looking at the pic and i think its coz there is nothing on the front that makes the rear look too much

1 - 20 of 36 Posts