Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after spending month saving up for coilovers I also got a bit of camber too :) so happy days :lol:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Alot of camber but very nice dan! :)

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
What did you camber it with?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3 washers on either side! Well 6 on either side on the bottom 2 hub bolts! :D camber shims biggest waste of £20 in my life!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
doesnt this have a bad effect on handling and wear the tyres out?
If anything I think it's improved the handling because before I could feel the stretch tyre rolling on the alloy can't feel it anymore but that might all be in my head haha! And Yeaah it's starting to effect my tyres already :(

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
3 washers on either side! Well 6 on either side on the bottom 2 hub bolts! :D camber shims biggest waste of £20 in my life!
I agree. Might get some 3mm washers for mine. Just got to make sure and torque it up right though. Can imaging you will get pulled for that though. And stretch is hazy with coopers. Enjoy having flat tires! Lol. Best to get a set of federals. You cant kill them. Will still last 20k on that camber! Lol

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ohhh I hate buying new tyres. Mine ain't as bad as £150 a corner but still bloddy expensive! Buy brand new alloys for price of 4 new tyres "/

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i just like decent tyres so get bridgestone potenza s001 tyres :)
Mine £110 a corner Rainsport 2 which I think are pretty good!

Not been pulled yet for anything well apart from going down a buss lane :lol: and getting a fine! Most cops don't have a clue about cars so usually okay! But can't get pulled for having to much camber can you? Aslong as your tyre is within 5mm of the top of the arch or something!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I always check there but never have my tyre instock but its not that much cheaper as I get them cheapish anyway!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts