Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls, well i didnt want to keep hounding mickie for answers so thought id ask in here :lol:

well i finally bought some dodo light fantastic about a month ago and have waxed the gsi about 4 times since i got it but where do i go from here? am i ok to just keep waxing or do i need to polish it every so often to cut back the wax? and if so how often? or can i just use that wax cleaner stuff that dodo does? any info would be great as im a bit stuck from here, Iv always kept my cars in tip top condition but want to keep up with the dodo quality now (Y)

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
wouldnt polish as you would be taking of the wax you have put on. 4 coats of dodo is enough usually do 3 but think anymore than 4 is a waste to be honest. if you want to top it up your best bet is dodo red mist ir topical (which gives you a little extra time to apply and remove) its a spray sealant which adds prtection and adds that little extra after washing.

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wouldnt polish as you would be taking of the wax you have put on. 4 coats of dodo is enough usually do 3 but think anymore than 4 is a waste to be honest. if you want to top it up your best bet is dodo red mist ir topical (which gives you a little extra time to apply and remove) its a spray sealant which adds prtection and adds that little extra after washing.
Cheers Al (Y)

The 4 coats were done on 4 seperate occasions, so how do you use that red mist then just wash/dry then spray on and wipe off?

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
always best of doing coats in spaces ideally 24 hours, just do the usual wash routine and use the red mist for a top up its as simple as spray/mist then wipe though the red mist dries in seconds so if you miss wiping it just re-apply to that area and wipe again or get the tropical which gives u a little longer to remove. you shouldnt really need to re-apply wax (providing you only wash with shampoo) for another 4 months say but just keep an eye on beading and sheeting.

O, prob wont affect ya but dont use red mist at least 24 hours after waxing as it can dissolve the wax if not fully cured

·
40,693 Posts
Use the Red Mist after you have dried after a wash.

If you want you can top up the wax every 2 or 3 weeks but if you do, leave 24 hours if you want to use the Red Mist. The Red Mist can take freshly laid wax off (Y)

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Handy to know this info :) (Y), Picking up my Red Mist and Super Natural from post office tomorrow morning (Y) Can't wait. Just waiting on Orange Crush now.

Don't want to hi jack the thread, but while on topic, is it ok to use a detailer spray(like Megs NXT Detailer) to help with the drying?? then use the Red Mist when its dry?

James

:)

·
40,693 Posts
Yes, you can use a quick detailer to help when drying. Meguiars Last Touch is best as it's pretty cheap and can be diluted 50:50. Then you can use the Red Mist for the bling.

Leave 24 hours before using Red Mist on freshly laid wax.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Cheers guys all the info i was needing as i have just purchased the Dodo red mist tropical and light fanrastic and am going to use both this weekend.

Hk

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replys guys il have to get me some, so is the tropical one better then? (Y)

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
enjoy the SN got it on my motor and its nice stuff to work with and the results are noticeable. 3 very thin layers look spot on. Just to note though some people have said they have seen hologramming after washing which turned out to be SN wax that hadnt fully cured and by washin bought it back to the surface so just needs a re-buff again.

Once ya get these layers down the water shoudl just sheet of and ont need a drying aidd though always handy to have

dont think the tropical is any difference finish wise just that it gives you a little extra time to work with which in summer is useful i suppose either way both are worth there weight in gold i think

·
40,693 Posts
As above, the 'Regular' Red Mist gives you very little time to apply and wipe.

The Tropical version gives you more time, spreads more and is just easier IMO.

No difference in looks. Tropical has just a few more solvents to prevent rapid drying (Y)

·
A.O.N - Club Member (Dean)
2,923 Posts
Red mist is my favourite product at the minute. I mangaged to give my car a wash this morning before work but didn't have chance to apply anymore wax so a quick wipe over with red mist and its looking amazing, and the rain was beading beautifully after i finishished work tonight.

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As above, the 'Regular' Red Mist gives you very little time to apply and wipe.

The Tropical version gives you more time, spreads more and is just easier IMO.

No difference in looks. Tropical has just a few more solvents to prevent rapid drying (Y)
Thanks mickie (Y)

Red mist is my favourite product at the minute. I mangaged to give my car a wash this morning before work but didn't have chance to apply anymore wax so a quick wipe over with red mist and its looking amazing, and the rain was beading beautifully after i finishished work tonight.
Sounds good mate (Y)

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Gotta say I'm pretty impressed with the red mist too. I must admit, I don't really think it adds to the finish, but it's like water is afraid to land on it once it's on. It beads like nobodies business. Defo get the tropical. I have the normal stuff, and you really have to be quick wiping it off or you end up with a sort of film effect.

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeh think il go for the tropical then thanks again for all the info guys (Y)

Received my new dodo and drying towels this morn from tim @ Envy this morn :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts