Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have just bought and installed a new quad core head unit. It is all working except the steering wheel controls. I have done as instructed in the manual but cannot get them to programme or work. Has anyone else managed to get them to work. I have an 08 Astra SRI. Thanks

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
To be honest, you would have been better getting a Big make headunit, less problematic and easier to connect up to the controls, as far as I know there isn’t a steering wheel adaptor for pumpkin headunits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
564 Posts
Did the hadunit come with a small box included ?

If so then you need to go into the admin features of the headunit and tell it what car it is running in. For us will be opel. As soon as you do that it will use deafult settings for Opel cars and then can be changed from there onwards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankfully managed to get a response on this and it was getting a password from the supplier to access the behind the scenes menu and simply selecting the car. Strange as the Can Bus and head unit were specifically for my car so why not come pre-selected. Anyway all done now - thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
They won’t come pre selected as it’s an aftermarket and can be fitted to more that Opel/Vauxhall’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Davo, this unit was specifically for an opel/astra as the unit is not the usual flat straight facia. It has the slight v in it. Anyway all sorted now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts