Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, since ive had the 1.8 sri ive know that the passanger side wiper blade wasnt clearing the screen and wipers would bang a bit but its been summer and not a problem, but today the heavens opened, so i popped off to ecp and got myself some lovely new bosch blades.

put them on in the car park thinking id have a lovely clear screen, flicked the lever and they moved then the drivers blade flickeed up the passange blade and turned it upside down, so i took off checked and tried again, samee they just bashed into each other,

so i looked a little closer and the (this is where my lack of knowlege kicks in ) the bit where the passanger wiper blade arm fits onto down by the bottom of the windscreen, that bit moves around like its not connected and not central, and i presume is making the wipers not aligned. I opened the bonnet but cant see how or what im actually looking for.

will it be wiper motor ? any vids on changing, ive looked but cant see one for one that looks like mine.

Not having a fun time so far as car seems to be costing ££££££

thanks guys

Adam

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
Sounds more like the blades aren't fitted correctly. Did they hit each other before you changed them?

·
Registered
849 Posts
They're not aligned right, take off the black cap cover on the arm, undo the nut, pull it off (will take some force) try reposition it. If its a 3 door mk5 I can give you a picture of where they're meant to sit

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea they are fitted correct, they just go on and the old ones did bang aswell, but if i was to take the cap off and the arm off then the spindle thing moves all over the place thats the bit im not sure on , how to get too etc ?

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
Did they do before exactly what they do now?

If the spindle moves from side to side rather than rotating in a smooth motion then the whole mechanism could have gone and a new one would be needed

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Sounds like the above.
New linkage required and they ain't cheap. Around £150 from Vauxhall.
If you're lucky you can get a new one online for around £50. That's what I done anyway.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Nah it ain't that. Don't even bother wasting your money on them. I got some and it was hopeless.

Id is personally take the scuttle off and have a peak to see if anything obvious is broken. Most likely though it s a new linkage needed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts