Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
A.O.N - Club Member - Quizmaster
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ordered a cam belt kit for my astra via your website. When I received the kit it said alfa romeo on the box, so I rung up and made sure it was the right part, they assured me it was. (Part No 348774055)
When the kit was being fitted we took the old belt off, turns out the new belt was about 10 teeth too big! So we had to order one direct from vauxhall as I needed to take the car home the same day!

I have already tried to email your customer service department this was on the 3/9 andyet nobody has got back to me yet. I was wondering if you could chase this up for me and discuss what happens next.

Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
confused

you ordered a cambelt via THIS website????

Forgive me it was a senior moment...

It was just that I had a similar experience with cambelts for 1.9 8V and 16V yadda yadda

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Strange that you got no reply. I asked one simple question and got replies off 3 different customer service people. Granted not a one of them answered my actual question, and I ended up purchasing elsewhere as a result, but you can't argue with the eagerness of their response haha

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I recently ordered a cam belt kit for my astra via your website. When I received the kit it said alfa romeo on the box, so I rung up and made sure it was the right part, they assured me it was. (Part No 348774055)
When the kit was being fitted we took the old belt off, turns out the new belt was about 10 teeth too big! So we had to order one direct from vauxhall as I needed to take the car home the same day!

I have already tried to email your customer service department this was on the 3/9 andyet nobody has got back to me yet. I was wondering if you could chase this up for me and discuss what happens next.

Thanks,
Andy
Hi mate,

I'm very sorry you received the incorrect part, I suspect this maybe a cataloguing error on our system...could you please drop me a PM with your order ref no. / reg no. of your vehicle and I'll chase this up with our customer service manager at the earliest..

Regards,

Kunal

·
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi mate,

I'm very sorry you received the incorrect part, I suspect this maybe a cataloguing error on our system...could you please drop me a PM with your order ref no. / reg no. of your vehicle and I'll chase this up with our customer service manager at the earliest..

Regards,

Kunal
PM'd mate, thanks for your help!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Vauxhall ftw :)
lol u say that, my mate a vaux tech ordered me a belt kits through work, car was in vaux sat, old belt off, sized it up with the new one, totally different , parts desk shut lol , ended up at euro for the right one. turns out it was an 8v and not a 16v lol

·
Registered
707 Posts
lol u say that, my mate a vaux tech ordered me a belt kits through work, car was in vaux sat, old belt off, sized it up with the new one, totally different , parts desk shut lol , ended up at euro for the right one. turns out it was an 8v and not a 16v lol
Depends on what your mate told the parts staff. A mistake like that wouldn't have happened if the parts dept. had your chassis number.

Summary of conversation:

'What's your reg?'
'M10POB'
'It's not the original reg so doesn't go into the catalogue, have you got the chassis number?'
'No'
'OK, what engine is in it?'
'1.6'
'Which one?'
'Don't know'

Hence a guess and ending up with the wrong kit.

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
Depends on what your mate told the parts staff. A mistake like that wouldn't have happened if the parts dept. had your chassis number.

Summary of conversation:

'What's your reg?'
'M10POB'
'It's not the original reg so doesn't go into the catalogue, have you got the chassis number?'
'No'
'1.6'
'Which one?'
'Don't know'

They can still get the correct info from the private plate as the records are linked and even if they werent the parts guy should supply both kits just in case.

To answer OP, if you ever need a quick response from ECP use their online chat, they are always on the ball (Y)

·
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To answer OP, if you ever need a quick response from ECP use their online chat, they are always on the ball (Y)
This got sorted, ended up getting store credit as they couldn't take back the belt. Which I am happy about, no idea what to use it on yet though, probably servicing stuff.

·
Registered
707 Posts
They can still get the correct info from the private plate as the records are linked and even if they werent the parts guy should supply both kits just in case.
Vauxhall parts catalogue can't use the original reg, and that's what I was referring to, and I'd *guess* that said mate then told parts staff 8v. It sounds a lot like conversations we have nearly every day.

·
Registered
426 Posts

Summary of conversation:

'What's your reg?'
'M10POB'
'No'
'1.6'
'Which one?'
'Don't know'

quite a bad guess really, he asked for a belt kit for a z16xe and he supplied a se kit, plus he knows my reg and my original reg so it was just down to a thick parts monkey.

·
Registered
15,498 Posts
Oddly enough at Vx, ordering parts. 'Whats your reg?' I gave it (private plate) and it didn't come up. I gave them the original and it did :shrug:

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Oddly enough at Vx, ordering parts. 'Whats your reg?' I gave it (private plate) and it didn't come up. I gave them the original and it did :shrug:
their system doesnt update private plates, so you always have to tell them the cars original plate or chassis number

·
Registered
426 Posts
yeah it strage like lol, euro dont get my private but do my original, but it does for her private plate, both been on the same length of time

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
I've never had a problem getting any of my cars identified by their private plates on any system :shrug:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts