Astra Owners Network banner

Private Reg help

2K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  BigDov 
#1 ·
Bit of a daft thread as a private reg is meant to be personal to the person buying it but I would like your thoughts!

My initials are AT and I want a 6 character plate. Current options are:

A20 TEE
A19 ATX
T33 AAT

Any opinions on what looks best and which one is most obvious what my initials are if you were to look at it on the car, would be appreciated (Y)

#3 ·
As a guide. My regards is M14STP. The M standing for Matt, the 14 is the day I'm born on, and my surname is Stepney do that's where that came from. My full initials are MDRS but that also happens to stand for managing director or doctor so it costs a fortune.

#5 ·
Don't get something you will end up explaining for 10 minutes. Only wanting AT makes it hard to find something. I can't really see much point in the three in the OP.

I've only found three plates I'd have if I was after a private plate. MR55 MTE, BO55 MTE, and T888 MTE (if I owned a triple eight).

#27 ·
Personally, I don't see any point in having a plate that doesn't really have a link.

I would use your initials, you may not think ABT looks good, but that's not the point. ABT are your initials and you don't need to take more than 5 seconds to explain what it means.

Have a look on www.dvla-som.co.uk and then on the top left hand side hit the pre-fix search. Then type in ABT and there are absolutely loads of plates available with your initials from £250, which includes VAT and the transfer fee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.