Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a few threads but would like feedback from you about what you do to prepare for the bad weather ahead. The temp dropped dramatically Sat-Sun so thought about this then. I have a Metro Blue estate if there are any specific products you recommend.

·
Premium Member
6,605 Posts
I'd recommend a few coats of Collinite wax for winter - already given mine 3 coats in the last week ready for Trax, and will be topping up over the coming month

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
which colli is best? 476 or 9..7..6 is it?

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
have only tried 476s dont think theres much in any of them when deciding according to colour of car. 845 is a liquid, 746 & 915 are both a hard wax i believe. think 746 is the cheapest also and is said to last slightly longer but that debateable as the prep makes all the difference.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Id recomend 476 in the winter as its a double coat wax and ont he tin says it lasts longer when comparing it to 915 which i use in the summer :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
which would be gud for star silver? and wots the beading like?

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
476s would be mine but any of the colli's for winter which then get swapped for a proper wax which gives better looks for summer. the beading is superb from 746s to be honest beats most other waxes out there but with this you sacrifice looks slightly. Sheeting is mint too helps cleaning and especially drying

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
On darker cars I always recommend Victoria Concours. Finish wise its fantastic, and unlike many waxes that give a nice glossy finish, its durable too. Easily durable enough to use through the winter months.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts