2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A little bit scruffy YEh??

Wheel c how we get on,

Two rims done, in a day

Result;

Total cost for two is about a tenner, Plus a little hard work , a

As good as any powder coat Eat ya heart out Guys n Gals:sus:

Update soon, cos I've only done two for a tenner, Tyres are Going on them two tomoz

B

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ahhhh!! Thanx,

I've gone for my 225 35 18 Yokahamas s line, (only two of) which were on my TT only done 1k miles, because the Y's don't have rim protectors, whilkst the othe two Eagle f1's did, cosmetically it looks better (on the rear, hope ya follow)

I do know that the astra H's on 18 inch rims need 40 profile, but my TT is lower than most and needs /runs well on 35 profile 18 inch rims,

Now then , TBH I heed peeps advice when it was mentioned By our friend maverick, that the correct size is indeed 215 35 18 on the mk4 , you said as much,

Question; I need two more new tyres, for either the front or rear axle,

Bear in mind my rear axle can accept a wider wheel or tyre,

IYO, do I put the ones above shown on the rear ie 225 35 10 tyres on an 8.5 j rim, then put 215 35 10's on the front??? or keep the four tyres the same??????

B

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,714 Posts
Should get away with 225 on the front, best thing to do is try the Yoko's up front and see if you have issues with rubbing, if so then get 215s, if not get 225s?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
I know its been said that 215/35/18 are best for the mk 4 and 225/40/18 throw the balance of the car out BUT I personally have not found this to be true, many of you have seen my car when it was lowered on its ass running 215/35s but since having the car raised slightly I changed to 225/40s because I didn't like the arch gap, I was expecting it to handle like poo compared to my previous set up but ive found little to no difference with the added bonus that I get more traction on the front wheels

1 - 8 of 8 Posts