Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find out why the 7.5A fuse keeps blowing everytime I press the wing mirror button to fold out and in. I've had this issue before and all I did before was disconnect and reconnect the wiring plug that goes in to the wing mirror and that sorted it. I've done this again but this has not solved it this time. I suspect that one of the motors in the wing mirrors is either stuck or on it's way out. I hear the relay click when the button is pressed then thats it.

Does anyone know what the fuse actually operates? Is it the motors in the wing mirrors themselves or something else?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Motor is in the nirror, check the door loom tho and mirror itself for broken wires, its normally the pillar side that goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checked the wiring to the mirrors and it all seems fine. I will have to take the covers off the mirrors and see whats what. Maybe a few days though.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right, had the door card off and just disconnected and reconnected the door loom, window switch loom and mirror loom and it started working again. Not sure what happened, but I've checked for any wiring defects and couldn't find any. All put together again and so far so good. Thanks for the replies.

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,714 Posts
If it's not a wiring issue, my money is it being a load issue on the circuit with either the motors being seized or the plastic between the base and the mirror having grit between them adding extra resistance to the motors.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was my thought to start with, the motors being involved. If it happens again, I'll take the mirrors off the car and investigate further. Couldn't see any wiring issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts