Astra Owners Network banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here is 1 picture of my car.
Have not had it long about a month now. "sorn for now" had to fix the bumper and a small patch needed welding at the rear.
Insured it the other day so i can get it a Mot before the end of august and then it should be on the road after that.

This picture is one from the Person i bought the car from.
Oh I also bought a 5th Snowflake alloy as the spare wheel as i wouldn't like to have the steel one on the car for any extended period of time, and its not like it was a space saver either so Its probably a weight reduction too.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ah man it look sooooooooo good in white......Not many here ive seen so far for some reason, youd think it would be more common!

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,715 Posts
Whites were commonely used for the lower spec cars over here like the police specials, and was quite a rare colour to be specd on anything higher spec like the SRI's although not un heard off, more late models came in white.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Whites were commonely used for the lower spec cars over here like the police specials, and was quite a rare colour to be specd on anything higher spec like the SRI's although not un heard off, more late models came in white.
Ah i see....not so much the case here, i dont think we got as many variants as the UK. Although- our police tactical unit used to exclusively use the white 220is back in the 90s and early 2000s.
If you managed to get your hands on one of their used ones back then it was always at a low price and they had thrown in some very good bits and pieces....although you never knew when it would blow up, and sometimes there was old evidence still inside them? xD

SA is a crazy place.

I think any car will always look great in white. Astra's especially :D

·
27,715 Posts
UK specials are pretty looked after as the astra was generally used as a patrol car so not used to give chase, but still be bought cheap when they had served their purpose obv with the police stuff removed, may have some dings but mechanically they tend to be sound, plus you got some nice engine combinations like the vectras got the 2.8 special which was a pursuit car along side the 330ds of the time, normally only available with a manual box only in the vxr spec, but the specials got the manual box in a pretty much poverty spec body with no thrills.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
Things sound a lot more civilised that side xD no matter what car the po have they all get thrashed equally, no discrimination :lol:

·
Registered
195 Posts
2.8 special, was that diesel or a v6 petrol?

·
27,715 Posts
2.8 special, was that diesel or a v6 petrol?
It was a 2.8 v6 petrol turbo, similar to the engine I've got in the signum.

There was some variants that got the 3.0 by diesel though

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 145 Posts