Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure, looks like may start from above there, the cylindrical thing in centre of pics, sorry not much help complete newbie with these things

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And now I feel like a complete idiot lol! I think so! Iits due a proper service anyway just bought the car and been 4 years since an oil change! Cheers mate :)

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Yep looks to be your oil filter.
Could have come loose or be cracked / split.
See if you can screw it back on not too tight though just nipped up.
If it won't screw up. Just change it and whilst your at it, it's a good idea to do an oil change too especially if you've leaked that much

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great cheers! Yeah will do a change anyway after that length of time, car was ridiculously cheap as had been neglected for years, already had new pads and disks all round, a new flex pipe, new o2 sensor and now this! Just goes to show you get what you pay for I guess!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great cheers! Yeah will do a change anyway after that length of time, car was ridiculously cheap as had been neglected for years, already had new pads and disks all round, a new flex pipe, new o2 sensor and now this! Just goes to show you get what you pay for I guess!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry guys new leak! This one again is quite large and has now come after doing a full service on the car,
Its in the little gap in the picture around the 4 black circles on the top of the engine near the front.
Only seems to happen while engines running as theres never a puddle under the car but my oil is drastically lowering and there are puddles on top of the engine

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah think is the rocker cover, though strangely now its leaked out some, the oil is 3/4 full and its solved itself! No leak for a week after strangely chucking out about a litre!

·
Registered
205 Posts
My oil filter did the same thing. Have to tighten it up once a month or else it leaks....annoying but i guess it was just a design fault.

·
Registered
205 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.