Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Has anyone managed to get rid of the very annoying creaks and squeaks that come from the curved plastic dash trim above the speedo and the RPM dials? It is one of the most annoying issues that this car has and it is manifesting itself on almost all road types(besides the ones that are perfect). I know how to remove the plastic cover, but don't know what to do afterwards.

Has anyone managed to stick something(some kind of tape or anything else) in strategic places between the curved plastic cover and the dash trim in order to prevent the creaks and squeaks? If yes, a detailed how-to guide with explanations and pictures would be greatly appreciated because I am positive I am not the only one with this annoying issue.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Elite is getting on for 12 months old and that problem has just started, I might try some spray furniture polish and see if that helps. The worst thing I've got is a loose cable or something in the dash area, every time I go over a bump, and they are many in and around Huddersfield, there's an annoying knocking, the first service is coming up and it really needs fixing.

·
3,902 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
A few of us have had this issue - I fixed mine last year and has been fine since. The details are in this thread:
http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?121424-Very-annoying-noisy-plastic-issue
Is the op not the same guy , with the same question ,that he had about a year ago. .

I don't have this problem , yet , but tonite on the way home that overhead panel that has the alarm sensor things on it began to creak. I'll be out with some Blu tak tomorrow , rest assured. .

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
The amount a new J costs I'd be raging about attacking it with bluetack at this early stage...

My New Fiesta has some slight noise issues and I'm annoyed.. and that is an entirely different class of car from a new J!

·
Registered
264 Posts
on the way home that overhead panel that has the alarm sensor things on it began to creak. I'll be out with some Blu tak tomorrow , rest assured. .
I instantly noticed that very same noise on my test drive of the Sports Tourer I agreed to buy the other day... I did mention it to the dealer and they said they'd take a look, but I am anticipating having to get stuck in myself to get it sorted and will be using MusicLover's fantastic write-up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts