Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I start pulling my hair out and throwing this HU out of my window on the motor - can someone please help me with the wiring.

I bought the unit off ebay last week and when it arrived the wiring loom was like below (see picture). I emailed the seller and he said that halfrauds done a bit of DIY on it (i can see that!!!) but he says it still works.

I went out to a car audio place and have bought the following to work with this "DIY'd" cable:

CTSVX002 Vauxhall canbus stalk adapter
Pioneer Lead for connect2
Autoleads PC5 Amplified fakra aerial.

Can someone please tell me what is supposed to be connected to what in this picture as I have plugged it in as it is and it doesnt seem to want to power the stereo or do anything for that matter!

P.s. - if you cannot see the cables properly then let me know and i will type them out.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
Halfrauds have had something else piggybacking that loom. Plug all the matching wires together and the unit should power up

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
You said to rewire them all so they colour match. halfords have put yellow to red....now im even more confused! lol
yellow to red is common, sorry should have explained that bit, as in some cars yellow is permanent live and red is ignition live, in other cars this is reversed. It is simply a case of switching the yellow and reds around until the on/off and memory functions work correctly

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yellow to red is common, sorry should have explained that bit, as in some cars yellow is permanent live and red is ignition live, in other cars this is reversed. It is simply a case of switching the yellow and reds around until the on/off and memory functions work correctly
SORTED! just wired red to red and yellow to yellow and it powered on. Cheers fella!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Easy..

Yellow/grey to yellow/grey

Black/grey to black/grey (earth) by the way leave the light green wire in the earth as it is if you wish to use the screen without the hand brake on)

Red/grey to red/grey (this is the one that is cut and not connected)

Plug the blue/grey into the blue on the falkra adapter, this will put power to it for better radio reception.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Easy..

Yellow/grey to yellow/grey

Black/grey to black/grey (earth) by the way leave the light green wire in the earth as it is if you wish to use the screen without the hand brake on)

Red/grey to red/grey (this is the one that is cut and not connected)

Plug the blue/grey into the blue on the falkra adapter, this will put power to it for better radio reception.
Cheers mate - was unsure about the blue cable on the adapter!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts