Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Day 1
Right I've had my VXR for about two years now and I've never got a progress thread on this site. Call me lazy :lol:. WARNING LOTS OF PICTURES!! This will be a progress thread with mods and cleaning as I love my car & love it clean as most people I've met on this forum will vouch for.

Got the car in April'10 (such a long process with log book etc, stressed me out big time)

First mods

Had this from my old car which Pionner DEH-P8100BT: twin ipod connection with bluetooth voice calling, improved the sound quality massively

When I finally got it I was the happiest guy in the world, my previous car and dont laugh was a Toyota Avensis (got it off my parents when I finished Uni) so the transformation was crazy. Also never knew the extent that went into cleaning a car till I got this, my skills and knowledge of what to do and what to get is so much better now but will never be the level as some people I see on DW. Any way gave it a massive 8hour clean

Somehow a spider nest got on my car over night

Started adding to my detailing collection

Before/During:

Found this, luckily it only went through the tread:

After:

I also found this which I was not happy with (brand new from the dealer when I bought the car)

In the end I got fed up and thought the tires were crap anyway so bought two Vredsteins for the front and WOW so much grip

About a couple months later I bought a Baileys DV with courtenay pipe

Went to my first VXR meet at Southend 5th June'10

Great bunch of people, free donuts were amazing but the mosquitoes were not - got 15bits that night.
Started meeting up with people who lived near me

Helped a mate detail his burg

Finish:

Okay enough cleaning pics back to mods

Sept'10
Got my 3" scorpion which is still my best mod ever

It sat out too much so got it home to push it back.

Vids

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Then a Regal Dyno day was going so headed down there to see what she was pushing.

Remember only a DV and Scorpion.

My mate was totally standard with only a scorpion and he pushed an extra 5bhp so very close readings between the two. Scropion FTW ;)

December
Courts Top hat + wind deflectors, you know what they look like so no need

March
Percy Cdti

May
SMD conversation by stampede, also thanks to Trudy for holding the event. Love the VXR badge lit up

Green = GO! :D

Then wanted to paint my calipers Red. All ready to be painted

June
Ever since I came on this forum I have always wanted a 3 gauge set up. Well finally the day arrived for me to get them fitted by AddVXR (great guy and great service/product..highly recommended)

Happy bunny :D :D :D

At night
oooowwww lots of blue :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
July
Daps, RARB & painted Rocker cover

Went to Rabbid's new garage GP tuning. Really nice guys and hopefully a nice garage when fully up and running

Back

Front

Sorry no pics of RARB. Rocker going in :) Really completes the engine bay look.

My mate's Racing edition got Sportlines that weekend too so we met up for a little photoshoot. Enjoy

Play around in photoshop

September
Small cheap mod (Mtec Cosmos Blue White 55w), wanted HIDS but wanted to try these first. Look much better and do light up the road compared to the OE bulbs but still feel I need them stronger.

OE

New bulb on the left

Both in

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Few last pics of my favs and random places I've been

Old Trafford

So thats all the mods to date, will hopefully be going stage 2 soon but next on my list is just to de-chrome.

Went to Brighton with some AON guys end of September and nicked a few pics from the album :D

October update
Finally got the last pipe to complete my engine bay, cheers mark

December update
De-chromed the car and loving the new look. Been driving around without a boot strip and not being able to gain access which I didnt think would be that annoying. Got these professional painted and came back amazing. Gave them two coats of PH Pro topped up with Z8

Also de-chrome the VX badge and like the red touch behind the logo

Its quite dirty at the moment

But this was a few weeks back :D

Went to a meet and was going past Wembly and thought be good to get a pic

And a nice vid my mate took while coming back for southend meet

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really pleased with my winter detail. Bit late as winter is already upon us but was the only time I could get the garage to myself. 4days of hard graft (about 3-6 hours per day) NYE killed me so was slow the last couple of days :lol:

Anyway here she is :D

Couple pics from the Ace Cafe meet last Saturday + Graffiti tunnel

Sorry done on iphone so not the best stitch

Snow started

Graffiti tunnel

Really liked this one with lovely old Amy

Few mess around with the iphone

Got down my road and it normally takes a minute...took me 40mins just spinning up lol

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Update

Bye Bye

:drool2:

As soon as I got home needed a gd clean, still not the best pics but was running out of light at this time.

Love going round the corners now watching the lights follow and then pop back once you straighten up. Also lights up the road so much more than my mtec bulbs :D

Also fitted my new Glenn Yale heatshield - just makes the bay look extra clean but what a *!#$ it was to fit, taking everything off just to get the OE one out

Update - May'12

Finally got the car stage 2 mapped by Courtenay today. What a transformation in power..

Love this pic

On the Dyno

And finally the results

Car feels really well set up and would advice anyone to at least get the car dyno'd if you map it serious worth the extra pennies. The guy must have run my car 10+ times

Also ditched my old breather box and got a nice new courts hose, that waiting room can be a dangerous place. bigger items were calling...:lol:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Very bloody nice (Y) Great progress thread

·
Registered
14,376 Posts
you already know how much i love your car :lol:

Total credit to you as its bloody well kept and one of my favourite examples....Pulls extremely well, pops like an AK on constant fire, looks so damn sexy, shine levels are so high it could blind you and a stunning engine bay....so yea all in all bloody well done :lol:

good to see the upcoming mods mate :thumbs: and looking forward to our sunday photoshoot :D

Shiny black duo :cool:

and :lol: at Gary's comment haha :lol:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys shame its all in one but hopefully won't be too slow as I'm still looking to update it. Two years have flashed by but loved every minute.

haha yes Gaz - top pic (Y) hopefully more soon

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you already know how much i love your car :lol:

Total credit to you as its bloody well kept and one of my favourite examples....Pulls extremely well, pops like an AK on constant fire, looks so damn sexy, shine levels are so high it could blind you and a stunning engine bay....so yea all in all bloody well done :lol:

good to see the upcoming mods mate :thumbs: and looking forward to our sunday photoshoot :D

Shiny black duo :cool:

and :lol: at Gary's comment haha :lol:
Cheers pal, always fun meeting up with you guys.

Like wise about yours. Some serious hard work has gone into it and more to come!!

So have you re-read this thread twice now?! ;):lol: and will you be needing either me or Gaz to freshen up your ride sunday? :lol: only playing mate.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Ahh yes, is a stunning example of a VXR, the daps make it look mean especially when you was flying up behind us on the way to WLC..

Good work fella

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Such a good journey (Y)
sure has. Hopefully more to come

Cracking vxr FairPlay to u sir
cheers (Y)

Stunning vxr mate ! A real eye catcher :thumbs:
Great progress btw !
must have washed this car more than 200 times :lol:

Ahh yes, is a stunning example of a VXR, the daps make it look mean especially when you was flying up behind us on the way to WLC..

Good work fella
Thanks but did I go past you? :lol: you lot were off. Me and slow stealth were at the back haha

yours looked nice for a five door, is it lowered?

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Yea you and stealth caught us up.. That's when I noticed stealths crazy low exhaust!!

Lol cheers, yea it's lowered 64mm front 60mm rear on eibach coilovers.. Just a tad lower then the dapr's but with your 19's on it's sits nice..

1 - 20 of 151 Posts