Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, not sure if this is of any interest, but I thought it might be worth mentioning my personal experience of astra ownership.
I bought my 1.6 excite hatchback in 2012 and can honestly say it has been a reliable and comfortable car to own. The list of replacement parts so far are: water pump (done under warranty), oil cooler (done under warranty), fuel filter, coil pack and rocker gasket (possibly should have got these under warranty but tbh slipped my mind)...apart from these it's just been tyres and brake pads - front discs will need replacing with next pads in spring. 78,000 miles done so far and starts every time, is comfortable and reasonably economical...all servicing was done at main dealer and was surprisingly competitively priced. All MOTs have been passes with no advisories. OK it isn't the quickest of cars, but that's not what I bought it for.
They weren't cheap when new, but overall the build quality has shone through and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this model/engine configuration as a secondhand purchase.
I intend to keep mine for the foreseeable future, as my annual mileage has dropped considerably, so should be good for another few years yet!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
You've done well if you haven't had to change the thermostat and lambda sensor 2 by now (y)

Reactions: Paul Ched
1 - 2 of 2 Posts