Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've got an issue with the paint on the roof and bonnet of my estate 2013 Astra. It's peeling along the front edge where it meets the windscreen.
Hood Sky Car Window Shade

I'm just after some advice on what I can do. I'll be keeping the car for another year+ and it starting to rust a little already. Am I throwing good money after bad if I get it resprayed? But I'm thinking I'll struggle to sell it if I don't, plus the rust will only get deeper and cost more later on.

The bonnet also has hundreds of micro blisters which could rupture at any point, leaving a nasty looking bonnet.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle

I've been quoted £600 to have the front edge of the roof sanded and blended in plus the bonnet sanded all over and resprayed. Then I'll need a new windscreen on top of that as it won't survive being removed when they paint the roof. The garage said the 2 stone chips could compromise the window so I may as well get my insurance to replace it and just pay the windscreen excess.

So I'm looking at the best part of £700 and I'm absolutely gutted!

I've attached a few pics, you'll need to really zoom in on the 2nd one to see the bonnet blisters, they are hard to make out on a photo but are more noticeable in person.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Iain

1 - 1 of 1 Posts