Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi have searched through all the posts but I can't find an answer, sorry. The engine warning light is on, the one that is shaped like and engine, not the one with the spanner, I should get a fault code with the pedal test but nothing is coming up. Instructions are to hold brake and accelerator pedals down and turn ign to #2, (all dash warning lights on) do not start the motor, which I have followed. I have also plugged in my opscom and it does not connect to ECU although the interface test is successful. Any suggestion team? Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That warning light is the emissions light, IIRC. Pedal test doesn't work on all Vauxhalls.
Thanks Dave, I have had the codes come up before so not sure what’s going on. It’s a Holden twintop. Is there any other reason that light comes on or is it just emissions. It’s done 220k and there are a few things going on haha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought I had an PDF copy of an Astra-H handbook, but can't find it to check to see what else the light comes on for. I'm pretty sure it is for emissions only though.
Thanks, we have a handbook but it seemed a lot of light for just one thing. I have an op com but the version I have doesn’t have the 2.2 motor . I downloaded another version last night that I will have a look at in the weekend. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a thought. You haven't been using the new unleaded E10 fuel have you? It's not suitable for the 2.2 engine.

Apologies if you already know this.
No, we live in NZ and use unleaded 91which is the recommended fuel here, I have filled up the last couple of times with a different brand though. I might go back to BP. I had trouble with my diesel Ute when I changed brands. Thanks for the idea

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi I have same car and it will only run properly on 98, I have had no problem since.
Thanks Michael, we have owned the car for 7 years but after my ute issue I am not going to overlook the possibility of fuel/ supplier. The recon motor on my ute started to run really rough after a few fills at Gull, it cured itself after a switched back to Shell. A real lesson about fuel variations , thanks for your suggestion, much appreciated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts