Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where there's a place i can look up part numbers?

i'm rebuilding z20let engine, and will be removing the balance shafts and replacing it with the girdle from a vxr

i'm after the grub screws part numbers

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
M8x1.25 is the general size. There is no part number as it's not a gm part. You drill and tap the holes but theoretically you can use whatever grub screws you like as long as you use the right tap to cut the thread

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
M8x1.25 is the general size. There is no part number as it's not a gm part. You drill and tap the holes but theoretically you can use whatever grub screws you like as long as you use the right tap to cut the thread
thanks for that

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about the other longer bolts

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Again not gm parts. You can use all but 2 of the original ones. Just make sure they're high tensile bolts to the same pitch and thread and locktite them in. With the grub screws locktite again then peen the edge to stop them coming out. Rnd guide below

1 - 6 of 6 Posts