Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a mk5 astra z16xer. Gana replace the condenser over the weekend but having issues finding the right o rings. I see vaxhaull do metal ones with rubber insides. Guy at work reckons I can just use green ones.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did mine recently along with new compressor.
Condenser was Nissens and came with 'o' rings. They were the green ones only.
The compressor uses the 'bonded washer' type of 'o' ring. That's the metal washer with the rubber inside.
Nissens condenser by the way is really nicely made with full corrosion protection applied unlike OEM (hence they quickly rot)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did mine recently along with new compressor.
Condenser was Nissens and came with 'o' rings. They were the green ones only.
The compressor uses the 'bonded washer' type of 'o' ring. That's the metal washer with the rubber inside.
Nissens condenser by the way is really nicely made with full corrosion protection applied unlike OEM (hence they quickly rot)
went to fit mine today only to find out the hose at the top doesnt line up meaning theirs nowere to bolt into

·
Registered
407 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
407 Posts
order the one they said would fit and was greeted with this
View attachment 35046 View attachment 35045
Which one did you order?
No one on here recommendd you one... you only posted a photo of one on ECP.
The one ive given above is the one you need. If yours is the original condensor it should have a GM sticker with delphi on it with the old part number too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Which one did you order?
No one on here recommendd you one... you only posted a photo of one on ECP.
The one ive given above is the one you need. If yours is the original condensor it should have a GM sticker with delphi on it with the old part number too.
oh i didnt see you sent me one thank you ill give that a bash and yes my old one is the orgional and does have the sticker described

·
Registered
407 Posts
2459b 8135
Yes, so one I have linked you is the correct one. You likely bought the wrong one.

If you want to buy it from their ebay page: here you go

I would never trust the ECP catalogue

1 - 12 of 12 Posts