Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How much would a reasonable price be for a the a garage or dealership be to diagnose if my car has a parasitic draw on the battery?

The battery voltage seems to drop overnight from 12.5 to 12.4 and lower by 0.1 each day. But it goes back up a bit after it’s been driven as it get charged. The car battery went flat to 8 volts after 2 days of not driving it. The RAC jump started my car and after said he could see a 0.4 amp draw on the battery but he had not left the car to fully shut down but everything was off just after being started. I have now charged my battery to full with a battery charger but it seems to be loosing voltage overnight as described above. Not sure what could be draining it, my glove box light doesn’t work so don’t think it’s that or the boot light or inside lights they stay off. The battery dropped to 11.3v before I decided to get a battery charger, the car still started fine at that voltage even in when it was -1 overnight

·
Registered
309 Posts
There are a bunch of grounds under the battery and neighbouring UEC box, plus one going to the engine block. If you are going to clean one why not clean all of them.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Unplug fuses 35 & 36 from the under bonnet fuse box. Should disable the head unit and screen. If that fixes it, that’s your problem.
I spent many hours searching for mine as it was intermittent and difficult to diagnose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts