Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Astra J 2.0 CDTI Elite 2014
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I hope someone could provide me with some advice. I've been having issues with my astra j cdti 2.0 (2014) for some time now.

The issue is when driving the car I get an engine overheating warning and the car ends up sounding like a tractor with it doing maximum 10 mph. This has happened a countless times and Luckily I've found a work around as I have a very basic code reader and if I erase the codes the car runs fine again. The codes I've been seeing are. DTC-02, P2428, 2428.

The car has been to my local non vauxhall garage a few times and they've swapped the exhaust Gas Temperature sensor 3 times aswell as a neighboring sensor the battery as this was also showing a fault. I'm really not sure what to do now. Do I send it to a vauxhall garage or just sell it and cut my losses?

Any advice would be greatfully received.
Hand Automotive tire Fluid Finger Measuring instrument

Font Measuring instrument Automotive tire Gas Temperature

Hand Automotive tire Fluid Bicycle accessory Finger

Speedometer Tachometer Odometer Gauge Trip computer

·
Registered
2,523 Posts

Reactions: Johnd1881

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spoke to a couple of vaux garages and nothings coming up their end on the recall. But saying that it was stopped in 2018. They could only offer a diagnostic check at £95 per hour but since I wiped the codes that would be a waste of money. I think it may be time to cut my losses and trade her in.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
It's not a recall,rather a tsb (technical service bulletin) once out of manufacturer warranty they will expect you to pay for the work even though the faulty software getting updated may be all that's needed,typical rip off Britain :censored:

Reactions: Johnd1881

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thnaks just waiting on a call back from vauxhall. I took her for a quick drive around town and it happened again. But now with code U0073 aswell as p2428. I've also noticed the engine fans are really loud even after the car has been turned off for a few mins.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts