Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

i have a 1.6 Astra h 2007. Design spec. Have EML light on. Have codes of
P0036 Heated Oxygen Sensor Control Circuit B1S2. I have then replaced the 2nd sensor at the bottom. and now getting after clearing the codes:
P0036 Heated Oxygen Sensor Control Circuit B1S2 (Again)
and
P0141 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction

can anyone point me into the right direction?

any help will be appreciated

Thank you

·
Registered
20 Posts
Since you already replaced the O2 sensor, the fault code means that your heater circuit is open, e.g. no power, or the circuit is not energized so the ECM throws an error code. So it's not the O2 sensor that's faulty. This could be one of two things, 1) 10A fuse #26 'Engine Electronics' in the engine bay is blown, or 2) the relay that's attached to the 10A fuse (not sure which one).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there. Thank you so much for replying! The fuse 26 10A is not blown. Still intact. And the relay… would that be R12 - Engine control unit (ECU)? Thank you!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
We've seen a lot of sensors coming incorrectly wired from new (Delphi in particular)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Have a read of this,it's the sort of thing that's happening

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have a read of this,it's the sort of thing that's happening
thank you. I have used MyCarly and the MAF flow rate gives 0. Even at 5000rpm shown in the image. So is it safe to say the sensor has gone?
2239B9A3-ADA7-4E46-A227-4C5DFD8D9080.png

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Before you jump to any conclusions i need to know exactly which 1.6 engine this is,XEP,XER or XE1,
if you're not sure,post the reg number

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Ok that engine doesn't have a maf,just an inlet air temperature sensor,so that's why your app isn't reporting any airflow,
both of your codes are 02 sensor heater so would point to a power feed or earth problem,
i know you say F26 is intact but i would swap it out regardless,i'll get the 02 sensor pinout and post later,so you can unplug and check the voltage at the sensor and check the replacement 02 is wired correctly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok that engine doesn't have a maf,just an inlet air temperature sensor,so that's why your app isn't reporting any airflow,
both of your codes are 02 sensor heater so would point to a power feed or earth problem,
i know you say F26 is intact but i would swap it out regardless,i'll get the 02 sensor pinout and post later,so you can unplug and check the voltage at the sensor and check the replacement 02 is wired correctly.
Haha that would make sense why it was 0. And the old sensor 2 gave a reading of around 0.45v on the mycarly.
After putting the new sensor it gives a reading of 1.2v and after a couple minutes it’ll then alternate between 1.2 and 0 for a little bit. and eventually just stay at 0v.
Also when testing the old sensor with a multimeter, the 2 white wires give me about 5.4ohms.
so I need to test the connector at sensor 2?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
All i can find i'm afraid,pin 3 (red/blue)is the 12v supply

Untitled picture.png
Untitled picture2.png

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
And check there's continuity between 1 & 3 on the sensor itself (should be the 2 white wires)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And check there's continuity between 1 & 3 on the sensor itself (should be the 2 white wires)

Ahh okay. On the old sensor it had some. So guessing the sensor wasn’t the problem. But thank you for everything! Much appreciated!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts